I REALLY want this!

Options
I'm new to MFP and looking for friends to encourage and be encouraged as we are on this journey together.

I have a picture of myself in my mind of being a thin, strong version of me and I'm hoping so see her in the mirror someday soon. My name is Annie and I have struggled with my weight since middle school. I was only a bit "chubby" back then, but that is when my struggle started. I have been on so many "diets" and yes I loose a little, but then I quit. I think that maybe I don't believe I will ever really reach my goal so I just give up. Well I'm tired of quiting and I'm dedicated to follow thru with the changes this time.

Good luck to all! It's not easy, but we can do this!

Replies

• navvs15
    navvs15 Posts: 165
    Options
    Good luck! I have that same image of myself (being a thinner, more muscular, etc). Although, it will take some time for me to achive this ideal image, I've got enough determination to keep on pursuing it!
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    Welcome!! :flowerforyou:
  • Scarletblue
    Options
    Hi I sent you a friend request. This site is amazing it helps so much and it is addicting so you'll be sure to be on here alot to-too much.
  • tcarter12
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!
  • rpalacio
    rpalacio Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO THIS HUN! Just put your mind and soul into it! Goodluck to you...and we are here to support you! Woohoo!! Make this year YOUR year. :wink:
  • mjanet
    mjanet Posts: 54
    Options
    Welcome Annie! I wish you all the best of luck in staying in it. I so understand your situation. It's very difficult to stick to losing weight when you don't see the big change right away. That's my biggest problem, I want immediate rewards without paying for it. But now I'v screwed my head on right, and hopefully I'll stick with it.

Add me as a friend if you like, we'll keep each other motivated.