I'm new and would love friends

Options
My sister turned me on to this site and I have been doing it for a couple of days now. I love it. I lost 60 pounds five years ago and work hard to keep it off. Right now I have an extra 10 that I gained since school started. I am 40 years old and have been married to my best friend of the the last 5 years for almost 1 year. I spent most of my adult llife weighing around 230 pounds. I do not want to do that anymore so right now I am struggling with the 10 pounds but I have no plan to stop there. I would really like to lose 25.

Replies

• dlangenfeld
    Options
    You can do it! I will add you as a friend. This site really helps me stay motivated. Good luck!!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm like you - I'm new and I've struggled with weight all my life. I'll add you, too. Hopefully we can motivate each other!
  • gillybt
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP. I discovered the iPod application in December and joined up in January (as you do!) I turn 40 this year and I was lucky to met someone really special 2 years ago. We are both trying to loose a good few pounds, but it can be hard at times, with kids and work, so I know how you feel. This site is fab, lots of inspirational people all with stories and different reasons for wanting to loose weight, you will never feel alone. Please feel free to add me as friend. Good luck with your weight loss, I'm sure you will reach your goal in no time. x
  • MonEQ
    MonEQ Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi there....I am new to this as well, I just joined yesterday. I'm in my early 40's & have been 230lbs for the past 10yrs or so & I'm also tired of being this size. In my head I feel like I'm 130ish pounds so for years I just ignored it, but I'm not getting any younger & I really want to do this for me. I am soooo thrilled that there is a site like this that will track everything for you. I tried LA Weight Loss but I just hated have to write everything in a book, weigh all my food, & have to drive to see them twice a week.

I really think I can really make this work.....Good Luck to you :-)
  • VicentesWifey
    Options
    girl if you lost 60 you can loose the rest! you can totally do it!! :bigsmile:
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Boom- friend request sent!