Can't get to the Gym: My kids have me hostage

Options
please offer some suggestions for working out. i have three kids under the age of 6 who keeps me busy and i don't have free time to go to the gym unless it is in before they wake or after bedtime!

Replies

• knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I use DVD's
    A treadmill that I got from Craigslist for $35
    Wii Games (Just Dance 2, Fitness Coach and Wii Fit are what I have)
    I signed the whole family up for Taekwondo so we all do that together.
  • leoslovehandles
    Options
    Functional training including balancing, core, squats and lunges.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    youtube has some videos online I think, dvd's, wii games, while cooking you can do squats, calf raises, lunges, arm curls with cans, blah blah blah. :)

I hope your husband pays the ransom soon so that you can be freed from your hostage situation.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Lots of gyms have a child care center available. If yours does, take advantage of it! Or, you can find a different gym that has one. Then you can take your kids with you when you want to work out.
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Wii is a great souce.. I use my fitness coach!! Also Wii Boxing.. amazing the amount of calories you can burn playing this game, helps get out fustration too!! I am a stay ,at home mom, so this is great. If you have the means to hook your computer up to your tv you can also use You Tube, many great exercise classes on there, also Kumba dancing.. check that out on you tube and you can get your kids working out with u for some family fun!
  • fatBgone80
    Options
    I would just tell them to play Hide & Seek and that mommy is "it", that should hold them for 30 mins so just go to the gym & tell them mommy is bad at the game. :laugh:

Im just playing :flowerforyou:. but the wii games are a good idea.
  • kimstn
    kimstn Posts: 6
    Options
    The Wii games and DVDS are great. Keep moving. Also, do you have a Curves near you. You can get a great workout there in just 30 minutes if you can get somebody to watch the kids for you 3 times a week. I burn over 300 calories each time that I workout there! Don't give up! You can do it!
  • ByTheBeach
    Options
    I have started using the On Demand workouts from Comcast. I did 3 videos last week that kicked my butt! I was actually sore the next day!

I have a 2 year old and my husband tends to work late so it's been hard for me to get to the gym, so this option has worked out nicely!
  • HealthyHereICome
    Options
    If you have OnDemand on your cable, there are plenty of free exercise videos. My 20 month old son likes to climb on me and make my workout even more intense! Pushups with a 25 pound weight on your back! Plus we both end up laughing so hard I'm sure it's a good ab workout!
  • angelbabe77
    angelbabe77 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If the wheather is good take them to the park that has a place for you to walk. I love the biggest loser DVD's they give you a pretty good workout try it early in the morning when they are sleeping :) works for me...
  • cassidystreasures
    Options
    Do you have nextflix? That you can hook up to your Tv? We have it through the wii, and there is a ton of play now exercise videios on there, gives variety :)
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. My answer has been workout DVD (the little one love to do it with me) and a treadmill.

Good luck...you are worth it