Victorious Fitness Challenge June 4

Options
Good morning all! Dismal, dreary morning here in NY.

I did Jillian's Shred today but I did Level 2 and found it much more challenging than Level 1 so I'm glad I tried it. There are no breaks so it's 20 minutes of non-stop kick your butt workout. Not sure of the calorie burn though.

I took my little one on a bike ride last night for an hour. Great exercise trying to avoid a five year-old. He was actually pretty impressed with the fact that his mom could ride a bike!

Have a great day all!

Replies

• JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Good morning all! Dismal, dreary morning here in NY.

I did Jillian's Shred today but I did Level 2 and found it much more challenging than Level 1 so I'm glad I tried it. There are no breaks so it's 20 minutes of non-stop kick your butt workout. Not sure of the calorie burn though.

I took my little one on a bike ride last night for an hour. Great exercise trying to avoid a five year-old. He was actually pretty impressed with the fact that his mom could ride a bike!

Have a great day all!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I'll take dreary and dismal over so hot you can hardly breathe. Ok, so it's not that bad yet, but the past three nights when husband and I have taken our walks, it's been about 93-95 degrees at 8pm. At least it's not humid as well, like most Junes.

Yesterday was 50 minutes elliptical and 60 minute walk. Still can't do the hill walks, but maybe by tomorrow. Today is more elliptical and yoga. Hope to do videos and classes soon. My sister is joining my gym for the next month (before she goes back to school mid-July), so that will help me push myself more.

I was thinking about a new challenge for myself - I'm not sure I can handle it - but it would be no reading while eating. I might try it as - only reading when eating fruits or veggies. I'll have to think about this one more.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Hot, cold, rainy, sunny...doesn't matter to me...loooooove is in the air...I can't wait to see my hot hot hot pitcher this week!!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Okay, enough oooey gooey stuff.

Mary, I like that idea. I *have* to read while I'm eating, since I stopped watching TV while eating. I do like the idea of only allowing yourself to read when it's fruits and veggies. Will mull that over.

Yesterday:
    ~ Yoga Booty Ballet (I LOVE this class)
    ~ 40 minutes elliptical (burned 750 total)

Today:
    ~ I think I might tackle Jillian's Shred also.
    ~ Take vitamins
    ~ Maybe a walk? I'm supposed to be on "light week" but have trouble with it
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Rain here too, so today was a couple of hours of vigorous housework and still not done. I have spent so much time out in the garden the house has kinda gotten lost. Vacuuming next, yuck.

Mary I know what you mean, I love to snack while reading a book and just because of that I have cut down on my reading. I only read at night so it's a double whammy because I am more hungry at night.

I have a couple of all day trips with students for the next 2 days so I am going to have to plan out my food intake while on the road. I see alot of carrots in my future.lol
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Today is yoga day, so I'll do that a little later after my dinner digests.

Yesterday was a massive FAIL, as I didn't do cardio and overate at dinner time. (stress regarding publishers, rewrites and etc. led me to eat pizza and drink red wine. Yikes.)

So, today I'm trying to be productive and not beat myself up. Although, I could probably log actually beating myself up as kickboxing. . .:tongue:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Turns out I have a tonsil infection (blood & puss covered... pretty gross actually). My fever finally broke and now my husband is running a 103! At least the doc was smart enough to put us both on antibiotics.

WL- Ian kicked his bug on Saturday... hoping he doesn't pick up ours. Thanks for asking.

So, second day of no workouts. But in two days I've lost 3lbs and maybe consumed 1,000 calories. I will try some light cardio tomorrow and see how that goes. Definitely don't have the strength for weights yet.

Keep up the good work!
    Arianne :smile:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I need your help. My pageant swimsuits came today and I need your feedback. Please go to my profile pics (two piece blue, one piece blue and one piece red). Give me your vote. Oh, keep in mind I have 15-20 more pounds to drop, so the fat rolls will be gone!

And don't mind the doped expression on my face, my medicine has me a bit loopy, but feeling really good! :laugh:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I like the red and the blue two piece. I'm not wild about the one shoulder one piece, I don't think it highlights your shoulders as well. (You're looking pretty hot, lady. . .drugs or no. . .):wink:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Arianne -- I *LOVE* the red two piece!

Gal you look so good!!!! Very inspirational.
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    I am just logging on to say goodbye and to wish everyone the best of luck with their goals I have enjoyed many a supportive word and would like to say thankyou. I will be continuing to diet and exercise but I am about 2 months pregnant. I am being a surrogate for my best friend who cant seem to have kids we agreed to give it 1 shot her eggs and stuff we had 2 eggs that were successful out of 10 so both were put implanted and we had a scan yesterday and we have not 1 but 2 babies so it will b a C section for me in about 6 months time my friend is thrilled her whole family in 1 go but I feel like crap so diet for me is just healthy to make these little babies have the very best start in life.

I may be back next year I am hoping not to gain too much weight I have lost 17 lbs in the last couple of weeks with sickness the only food I can eat at the mo is tomato soup everything else is a no no even chocolate.

All the best to everybody and I wish you all happiness.