Challenge for ladies over 45

Options
Hi - We all know that weight loss after 40 (o.k. o.k. - I am older than that, hehe) is not that easy anymore. I would like to start a challenge for us to share and encourage each other. Can we make it together thru the summer? If anyone is interested - I would be happy to start a daily or every second day thread.

Thanks,

Romy

Replies

• romywill
    romywill Posts: 42
    Options
    Hi - We all know that weight loss after 40 (o.k. o.k. - I am older than that, hehe) is not that easy anymore. I would like to start a challenge for us to share and encourage each other. Can we make it together thru the summer? If anyone is interested - I would be happy to start a daily or every second day thread.

Thanks,

Romy
  • wtchywmn
    wtchywmn Posts: 193
    Options
    I will give it a try. I need a challenge as I have hit a plateau again and can't seem to push myself past it.
  • sheristeele
    Options
    Im not over 45, but I am 40.. would love to participate.
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I'll be 50 in a few months and this is not as easy as it used to be.
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm in. My scales finally moved in the right direction again.... just keep on going and you'll get to loosing again. A lot of people say to up your calories by a couple hundred for a day or two to mix it up a bit.... I know one thing for me cheat days don't work... Have a great day:drinker:
  • romywill
    Options
    Hi Ladies - that's great - let's do it together. Is Monday a good day to weigh in? I always liked Mondays because I won't pig so much.
  • romywill
    Options
    This challenge is still open - what are your biggest obstacles? Mine is definitely not losing as fast as I used to.
  • romywill
    Options
    I took my kiddos to McDonalds for lunch. Bad choice. I had the grilled chicken sandwich (left the fries) - still raked up a whopping 570 cals.
  • romywill
    Options
    Great loss - you are doing awesome.

Cheers,

Romy
  • romywill
    Options
    Welcome - of course you can!!!
  • romywill
    Options
    Welcome - I fully agree with you. !!!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Greetings...I'm with you guys! I don't get on the scale too often...I weigh and measure once a month or so...have made progress but have a ways to go to reach goals...once goal weight is obtained I plan on weighing every other day and don't want to let myself gain the weight back...like you said it takes longer to loose weight now...two weeks to loose a pound for me, but so easy to gain.

My main goal, and I'm getting better but need to improve, is to stop giving in to temptation when in social environments...I need more practice sticking to my guns.
  • romywill
    Options
    That's a toughy. Question Ladies, I just joined - what can we do to make the thread so long - just start a new thread every day?

Thanks,

Romy
  • romywill
    Options
    It seems that a lot centers around food. Hubby is in the Military and since he is the Commanding Officer over a good number of people - we have to go to a lot of functions. And, of course, food everywhere. I finally realized it is o.k. not to eat it....