Looking into buying a HRM...

NMandaMarie
NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Can anyone recommend (or not recommend) any HRMs? What are your favorite features, if any, on yours? Has anyone bought one and had trouble with it?

All suggestions and/or opinions would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Manda

Replies

• BreeWilder
    BreeWilder Posts: 133 Member
    I've been thinking about this too. I'll be interested to see what everyone says.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    I have a Polar FT7 (or maybe F7-I know the # is 7!). It was about $100 on sale, and I think the regular price was about 125. It has a chest strap. It is very easy to use. The worst part is putting on the chest strap when it is cold! Gives you a little jolt of cold on nice warm skin! But it warms up in seconds. I love it.

FYI--when I compare my calories burned to the website numbers, they are not far off! I burn a few more calories than the website says, but it is not a huge difference.
  • pchann
    pchann Posts: 84
    I have the Polar FT40 and would purchase it again($160). It monitors your blood oxygenation from a resting state and sets a basic heart rate and oxygenation for you. This allows you to control whether or not your in "fat burn" zone or "cardio" zone based upon heart rate. I would also put a body composition scale on your wish list. I use the "Omron HBF516". It was $80 delievered to my door. With a proper diet your going to save tons of money on food so invest in yourself. Watching the measurments over time and keeping notes on how you feel will help you enter a whole new world of self awareness. As Buddha says.... it lies within.
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    I'll jot those down and look into them some more. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.