Help with Calories

Options
My personal trainer doesn't want me to have more than 1400 calories a day. I'm eating about 1100 a day and working out at the gym 5 to 6 days a week. Should I add 300 calories to meet the 1400 a day, or am I okay with just the 1100? The main thing I've noticed is that my energy level is kind of low, but I'm more concerned with it affecting the weight loss. I've heard that if you don't have enough calories, it can be difficult to lose weight. I haven't asked my trainer yet because I don't see him but once a month, so I figured I'd ask around on here :)

I hope this makes sense....thank you in advance for anyone's help!!!

Replies

• nickicaylor
    Options
    you want to make sure you are consuimng your daily minimum or your body will go into starvation mode and start storing fat instead of burning it.

Good luck and keep up the good work.
  • Dippydog
    Dippydog Posts: 154
    Options
    You want to eat at least 1200 calories per day is what I have been told, but you should ask your trainer.
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm not a personal trainer but I would say you should add the 300 calories back to your daily intake. Especially if you are working out 5-6 times a week. Your net caloric intake is probably below 1000 once you factor in exercise. You would probably see your energy levels increase with the 300 added calories as well.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I would say to eat them, if not everyday then at least on the days you do workout you should. Your body needs more fuel (food) when you workout.