Gave Up Cooking and Pounds Started Melting!

Options
I love this site and its ease of use but unfortunately scale has been stuck for the six weeks, at the beginning of the week I started on the Weight Watchers Smart One meals, Lean Cuisine, and Marie Callendar steamers for my lunches and dinners and finally the scale is going back in the right direction!!! Has anyone tried any meal replacements that are working, I want to keep using these the next few weeks until I get back to my first goal.

Replies

• ang2323
    ang2323 Posts: 20
    Options
    thats great! congrats!! :bigsmile:
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    All I can say is watch your sodium intake, especially at the rate of 2 a day. Those things are notoriously high in sodium and if you're not drinking enough water, will bloat you (not to mention the effects on your blood pressure).

I'm good with one or two a week, but as a whole, try to stay away from them.
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    Excellent! I don't know how to cook and that is all that I eat.
  • etmpsn
    etmpsn Posts: 8
    Options
    I have been doing the same thing!! I figured this being my first time really trying to lose weight, I dont really know any "healthy" meals to cook so I quit cooking altogether for a while and I'm just buying smart ones, lean cuisines, and I also eat A LOT of spinach salads with newman's italian dressing and its been working. I dropped 2 lbs in just 3 days from that and I hadn't even started working out yet so I know its working good.
  • MsCyone
    MsCyone Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the same thing!! I figured this being my first time really trying to lose weight, I dont really know any "healthy" meals to cook so I quit cooking altogether for a while and I'm just buying smart ones, lean cuisines, and I also eat A LOT of spinach salads with newman's italian dressing and its been working. I dropped 2 lbs in just 3 days from that and I hadn't even started working out yet so I know its working good.

Yay! Thats what I have been doing , normally a romaine salad,spinach salad, or half salads from Wendys for lunch and since I'm trying not eat after 7 to 8pm, its so easy pop one in the microwave and no clean up after!
  • Shamrock40
    Options
    What were you cooking, and how were you portioning it out? Do you think portion/serving size was possibly the problem? I can't imagine something packaged and processed is better than home-made food. I'm not criticizing, because I eat them, too, but only once or twice a week tops. I'm a SAHM and I really enjoy cooking, so I can't say that if I had to work and bring my lunch every day, I wouldn't be eating a lot of those, too, but they are high in sodium and, although they've come a long way tastewise, they still leave a lot to be desired compared to home cooking.

If you're interested, I have some pretty tasty recipes that aren't too complicated and are pretty calorie-friendly. I'd love to share if you'd like to try them.