Eating 5-6 times per day

Options
Anyone else trying to eat 5-6 small meals a day? I'm getting really bored of what I'm eating and need some suggestions. Snacks usually under 200 and meals at about 300. Breakfast is egg whites with oatmeal. Snacks usually a carb with a protein like a piece of fruit with yogurt or a cheese stick. Lunch is usually a whole grain thin bun with veggies and turkey or chicken. Dinner I do a protein like chicken, fish or pork, steamed veggies or a salad and whole grain rice. Sometimes for my evening snack I do a 100 calorie popcorn or cookie pack.

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    look at my diary...i nibble on what is there during the day :-)
  • mbrook04
    Options
    Throw in some protein shakes, brown rice, and different veggies. You can use any spice you want to change up boring foods.
  • CelesteENelson
    CelesteENelson Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I eat the 90 calories granola bars from Quaker as a quick and easy on the go snack. Oranges are my fave to snack on. cottage cheese with some fruit would be good too though I dont like to mix mine. Wheat thins for about 14-16 of those is like 100 calories or something like that. Id have to double check. You can always premake yourself some lunches like whole wheat pasta or gluten free pasta with low fat sauce and canned or real chicken. Make yourself an extra piece of chicken at dinner and wrap it in a whole wheat tortilla with light ranch dressing and some lettuce/tomato. Those are just some ideas. Hope this helps.
  • crizma2001
    Options
    I take recipes from cooking light and eat them one night for dinner and the next day for lunch.
  • darlachristine
    Options
    Sounds like you pretty much do clean eating....here's a website with great healthy clean recipes www.thegraciouspantry.com
    Off the top of my head some of the things I eat are..... smoothies (banana or pumpkin or strawberry or green smoothie) homemade kale chips, whole grain bread with natural peanut butter, romaine lettuce with lite balsamic vinegarette, wasa flatbread and natural salsa or hummus, quinoa lentil salad, sweet potato, lentil soup....hope that helps
  • crazy8mouse
    Options
    cottage cheese is actually a very good snack because it has a lot of protein! good idea celeste
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    On days when I don't fast I'll eat small meals throughout the day. I didn't like doing that every day, because now and then it's nice to eat a nice big meal. I find those little meals never really leave me satisfied. I've found a program of alternating days filledwith small meals with days where I fast and don't eat until the afternoon really help me mentally.