core training suggestions??

kelzz193
kelzz193 Posts: 120 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I really want to tighten up my core/ab area this year. My legs are strong from running and my arms are getting there with lots of work. So what's left my dreaded post c-section ab area. I'm learning to love it it did after all give me two healthy babies. I just wish I could love it because of how great it looked!

I have lower back strain issues and doing the normal ab work leaves me in pain and then I don't stick with the routine. Any suggestions MFP peeps??

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    exercise ball crunches, captains chair maneuvers, planks, side planks. All are good for people with back problems as none of them strain the back. Just make sure you look up the correct techniques before you do them. Doing ANY routine incorrectly can cause problems.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    I've had good results with squats - it's helping strengthen my legs, but I do them with a 25lb weight and I can feel it in my abdomen at the same time. I'm now up to 100 / Day and working up to 200 / day.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    I've had good results with squats - it's helping strengthen my legs, but I do them with a 25lb weight and I can feel it in my abdomen at the same time. I'm now up to 100 / Day and working up to 200 / day.

squats are not a good idea for someone with back problems. Better to use something that supports the back like a leg press machine.
  • kelzz193
    kelzz193 Posts: 120 Member
    Thanks for the suggestions! I got a big exercise ball & am excited to try it out!
This discussion has been closed.