Warrior Dash

Options
Anyone ever done a warrior dash? It is usually 3-4 mile race with..."obstacles" that you have to go over, under, or through thrown in there including mud, water, tires, etc. There is one coming to Louisiana near New Orleans and I am thinking about doing it. It is in March and I hope it is not too cold to be crawling through mud and water. Hmmm. Any opinions?

Replies

• curlytop89
    curlytop89 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    anyone going to the one in New Orleans this year?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm doing one in PA in June with a bunch of friends and family. Never did one before, but it looks amazing.
  • NimotheFrog
    Options
    I did it in Lake Elsinore, CA last year, it was pretty fun! They ran out of food by the time I finished though!! I'm going on one of the first runs this time, I'm getting my turkey leg fix!!

It is fun for all fitness levels, I agree! The most I ran was probably a half mile stretch and the rest was broken up with all of the obstacles which get jammed up sometimes due to the high volume of people! Fun day though! I'm doing it again this April with a group dressed up to the theme of Dexter... haha... I think were going to spill some blood... :P
  • curlytop89
    Options
    Ha ha. we were going to dress as something, but we haven't gotten around to deciding so I guess I will go as myself! It's just for fun anyway, not to set any records. Plus I think I will look great covered in mud with my viking helmet and medal. Ha Ha!
  • MsKittyCAT
    Options
    I'm doing one in PA in June with a bunch of friends and family. Never did one before, but it looks amazing.

I'm also registered for the one in PA in June with several friends. It will be my first as well and I'm scared I wont be able to get through all the obstacle challenges. My start time is Saturday the 11th at 3. When is yours?
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I really want to do one. I just missed the one in my area, but hope to do it next year for sure!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    We're doing 9am on Saturday. I hope the water/mud/swamps aren't too cold that early! :smile:
  • curlytop89
    Options
    Did the warrior dash in Norco, La near new orleans. It was great fun. We started earlier than our scheduled heat and didn't stick around long after because the weather was getting bad. They ended up cancelling the later heats until Sunday because of tornado warnings. I think the event people got a lot of stuff damaged in the weather and all the rain flooded the parking lots later in the day, so good thing we got out when we did. Had plenty of mud and water and it wasn't too cold at all. Can't wait for next year!