Insanity vs. P90X

Options
Has anyone tried either the Insanity workout or the P90X... I am interested to hear about what works/what doesn't....realistic expectations etc... A friend of mine has the Insanity workout so i am going to borrow that and start this weekend.... I'm already spinning 3 nights a week plus a Saturday cardio class and 1200 calories/day... I lost 10 lbs in two months and have 30 more to go... I've been hearing good things about this workouts...any thoughts???

Replies

• stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    If you keep your eating clean, you'll lose those 30 with either, Insanity is all body weight and crazy hard cardio. P90X builds more muscle than insanity does, but takes a little longer to lose fat. Either is amazing, pick your poison and commit to clean eating!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    with either program you will have to eat much more (1800 is the minimum recommended). Insanity is geared more towards cardio fitness level whereas P90X includes more strength training combined with some cardio. P90X requires some equipment whereas Insanity does not. Insanity workouts are about 15 minutes shorter than P90x.

One is not necessarily better than the other, as they have a different focus, but both are good programs to help you achieve weightless and increased fitness, with the emphasis being on fitness.
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    1200 calories and Insanity would be way to low in my opinion. I'm male but with my HR monitor, I've burned up to 1200 calories doing the MAx workouts in month two.

I'm a huge fan of P90X, it will give you an athletic look. No fear of getting bulky. Women just don't have the chemistry to gain muscle. Insanity will strip the fat for sure but it will also strip muscle. I lost some strength doing Insantiy. Not what I wanted to do as muscle keeps your metabolism up.
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Both are great programs. Insanity is geared more towards cardio and P90X has cardio Yoga and Weight training. The key to these and any workout is the diet. If you have any specific questions, friend me and I'll answer anything you need. I know plenty of women havekicked butt doing either or both programs.
  • caramel81
    caramel81 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Both P90X and Insanity are great programs that work!!! They are both challenging and you must NOT give up in order to see amazing results. These programs will get you into the best shape of your life. No matter if you're an athlete who has been fit your entire life, it will kick your a** no matter what shape you're in. Both are equal in their own rights but each program focuses on a different approach towards fitness. Insanity focuses on cardio/core strength and is more for the leaner, ripped look while P90X will allow for more muscle size and strength. Much success to you!!!
  • imahuthnow
    imahuthnow Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your input! I will definitely have to kick up my calorie intake, that is for certain. My goal is to wear a bikini on my honeymoon so here's hoping thanks a mil everyone!
  • michelleh11
    Options
    I just started P90 yesterday. Its really good, but not as intense as P90X. I enjoyed my workout.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I have borrowed and tried both Insanity and P90X. As stated both are good programs, and both will challenge even a person who is fairly fit. My personal take on them was I preferred Insanity over P90X because I don't like all the Yoga in P90X. I can't stand it. Add to that the fact that what I want to work on is my cardio-respiratory health, and Insanity was my choice.