This is New to me

jjp0616
jjp0616 Posts: 2
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
Hi my name is Jenny... January 10th was my 1 year anniversary that I quit smoking.. During this hard task I gained 20 pounds.. UGH.. Im getting married on June 23rd, 2011 in Puerta Vallarta Mexico.. I need to get my FATASS in a bathing suit.. Kill me now.. My fiance and I joined the gym... My goal is 5 days a week in that gym no matter what is going on in my life...But really it only has been 3 days a week of 45 minute Elliptical training.. I need to get motivated to lose this weight ... HELP ME!!!

Replies

• BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Welcome!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    why not make a collage and a list of your goals and post it on your bathroom mirror, steering wheel of the car, fridge, computer, phone screen that way whenever you are tempted or lose motivation you will remember WHY you want this. As for the gym, the only time I actually go is at 4:30 am. It sucks to get up then but after a few weeks of doing it, you get used to it. Good luck!
  • Hi Jenny!!!

I have been a member of myfitnesspal for sometime but havent kept up with it...This week however, a friend joined and reminded me of how good this can be!! I gave up smoking on 2nd October 2010 and although i havent put on much weight, i still need to lose about 30lbs to get back to a healthy state. I also have a bit of an event coming up like you, i am returning to the place i took my honeymoon (Cuba) in May this year - when i last went i was 40lbs lighter.... I WILL NOT return to the same place, in a bikini, looking worse than i did before. I have been to the gym every week day for the last 3 weeks and the weight isnt shifting, i dont know what to do!!

Perhaps we can keep each other updated? How are you doing with the tracking?

Bobette x
This discussion has been closed.