Breaking out because of exercising

Options
So I've noticed that since I started exercising that my face is breaking out. It's not pimples but really just red spots if I had to describe it accurately. i don't wear make up ever and I frequently moisturize (especially in the winter) and it's the same moisturizer that I've used for years. My complexion isn't the best ever but I'm definitely noticing my skin is taking a turn for the worse. Has this happened to anyone else?

Replies

• PokenStick
    Options
    Is it itchy or just red?
  • hcozzie
    Options
    Yes! A day or two after I do my long runs (9 miles or more) my face breaks out. I shower as soon as I am done but it still does not help. If you have any suggestions I would love to hear it!
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I've had that before, but mine went away. Mine were like dry, red, itchy splotches, I think from the salt in my sweat on my face. But I kept exercising and eating right..granted, this was during my last diet. After awhile, I swear my skin never looked better. It's like my outside was reacting to the toxins that were in my body from my bad diet. Once I sweat them all out, I was good to go. Do you use a good face wash? Even though you don't wear makeup, it's good to get the stuff off your face from throughout the day.
  • cherithbriana
    Options
    As your body is changing, so is the chemical balance of your body. I've had to change face wash/moisturizer/astringent...EVERYTHING. I rarely use moisturizer on my face anymore. I use it on my neck, but my face just gets too oily no matter what moisturizer I use. It might be from excessive sweating. It could be from toxins leaving your body. You have to remember that the things you put in your body affect EVERY PART of your body. Especially the sensitive ones like the face. If you don't already, I recommend using a scrub on your face AT LEAST twice a day. Also, drink the recommended amount, if not more, of water. Drinking water purifies the body and helps cleanse it of toxins.
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hmm not itchy but the skin is extremely flaky and blotchy looking. I use generic nozema about once a day but again, I've used that for years. I hope it's the toxins i'm letting out. I'm going to keep truckin on and see if it gets better or worse.
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    For the flaky problems (which I'm prone to in winter from dry skin..), I'd recommend a face brush. They sell them at Sally's for $1.99, and it's gotten rid of my flakey patches.
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    I have icky skin!

Dry and prone to blemishes! I ALWAYS rinse my face with lukewarm water after exercise, use an ex-foliating scrub in the shower and then moisturize like a mad woman.

More importantly than all of that I drink as much water as I can. 12+ cups/water every day. :flowerforyou:
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    That is the same thing that is happening to me!!! I have a few spots and then the right side of my face is red!!! I was way naughty though and worked out with makeup on then was so tired I didnt take it off. It looks like someone hit me in the face lol
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I wash and exfoliate right after I work out. Or at least, after I work out and then chow down..:blushing:

Sometimes I use a really intense exfoliator (Dark Angels from LUSH), but my skin is sensitive so mostly I just use a washcloth and do circles.

I was told to exfoliate at night only, becuase your skin cells renew more actively at night so it won't leave you raw for as long.

I don't get too blotchy but I get little pimples that are really deep under the skin and never come out. At least they are tiny.