weight watchers pint system

jhansen2011
jhansen2011 Posts: 6 Member
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello i have been looking at www.skinnytaste.com blog for food ideas ad noticed she uses a point system alot and i figure its the weight watchers one so is there any one who can explian it to me? Thank you

Replies

• lisamt83
    lisamt83 Posts: 119
    Weight watchers goes by points...the points all depends on calories, fat, fiber and I belive protein...you get so many points based on your weight, age, activity level, etc. All food has points...and you keep track of your points instead of calories...that is pretty much a sum of it...lol...My Mom did weight watchers so if you want more info message me and I'll get you whatever info I can for you!!
  • myminime
    myminime Posts: 7 Member
    Hi jhansen2011, weight watcher's has now come up with a new points plus system. The points are based on the grams of protein, carbs, fat and fiber in a particular food item. They are now looking at food items "holistically" so that not every food item is counted in the same manner, i.e., chocolate cake vs. laughing cow cheese. I really like the weight watcher system and believe in the "change in life style" approach to eating healthier rather than a Jenny Craig or Nutri System. However, I know others that have done well on both of these. I hope this helps to understand the point system better.
  • Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    Lol when I looked at the title for this one, I thought you meant weight watchers had developed a beer drinking strategy for weight loss.

I suppose it could happen in a perfect world ;)
  • jhansen2011
    jhansen2011 Posts: 6 Member
    thank you all for your help
This discussion has been closed.