Sugar Free gum

Options
Do you count the calories of sugar free gum? I am always chewing it so I don't munch all day.

Replies

• PattiPositive
    Options
    I dont. But if I chewed it all day, I would if it had any.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    That is my one guilty pleasure that I do NOT record. I probably should - but I don't.
  • rhiannon1979
    rhiannon1979 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I don't. It's usually 5 calories a piece. I think that you probably burn those 5 cals by chewing it.
  • 2BaNewMe2
    2BaNewMe2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You should record sugar free gum, it has about 5 calories per stick. When I do chew it, I always put it in my diary.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    i don't record. i also assume that i burn off the calories by chewing it! haha gum has helped me so much with portion control; it keeps me from munching!!
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    if you chew (most brands) sugar free gum for a half hour you burn it off..
    you burn about 11 calories per hour of chewing, each stick is about 5 calories
    technically if you chew it for an hour it then becomes negative calorie lol..(the only "negative calorie" thing that isnt a bunch of balogna)
  • fitoverfifty
    fitoverfifty Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I was a sugar free gum addict......I had to give it up though.

For me, the diet is becoming more about health and less about just weight loss.

I'm reconsidering everything I'm putting in my body, and artificial sweeteners are not an option.

but, if you do chew it, you should probably list it.
  • jcsalsa
    jcsalsa Posts: 25
    Options
    I was a sugar free gum addict......I had to give it up though.

For me, the diet is becoming more about health and less about just weight loss.

I'm reconsidering everything I'm putting in my body, and artificial sweeteners are not an option.

but, if you do chew it, you should probably list it.

I have learned this month that I also have to stay away from artificial sweetners as it gives me all kinds of problems. But i have found a gum with Xylitol in it and I haven' had any problems. It is Spry by Xlear Inc found it at a natural food store.