This time, I'll stick with it.

Options
Hi all! I've tried counting calories a few times before, but I'm new to MFP. My problem is that I like food too much... when I've previously kept track of what I eat, I find myself getting frustrated and deciding that being at my target weight isn't worth giving up so much of what I enjoy. I'm not morbidly overweight (it's amazing that I'm not, really), but I've been maintaining an unshapely flab, and the past few days I've been finding it's getting tough to slip into some of my jeans, etc (my "skinny" jeans have long been collecting dust in the back somewhere). One side of my family DOES have a tendency to get *very* overweight, so I intend to stop this right here before I let myself get out of hand. I'm going to pay attention to what I eat, get down to my target weight, and in the meantime figure out how to still have some of the foods I enjoy responsibly--without overdoing it just for the sake of enjoying it.

...but I know I'll need motivational help tomorrow (and the next day... and sometime next week... and the month after that...) when I'm not feeling so strongly about it. :) A question for those of you who frequent these message boards -- how do you use the forums to help keep yourself on track?

Replies

• CommittohealthCHANGED
    Options
    I love MFP site I hate counting calories which was my down fall. I love that everything I eat is already log for me, even things I thought would not be listed like shakeology. I use the forums to keep me motivated by reading others people accomplishments. Hearing other people accomplishment keeps me on track in committed to being healthy.