Chicken Recipies? :)

Options
Does anyone have some yummy/healthy cassarole/crockpot recipies that include chicken in them? Or just a yummy way to cook it? I am tired or boring broiled chicken breasts.

Replies

• MissChelleBelle
    MissChelleBelle Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/rustic-italian-chicken-rice-121473.aspx?cm_mmc=eml-_-rbecaen-_-20110105-_-1124

Try this - it's soooooooo good! You can bake or broil the chicken if you want instead of sauteing it.

http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/ginger-chicken-saute-121432.aspx?cm_mmc=eml-_-rbecaen-_-20110105-_-1123

This one is really good too. My kids absolutely LOVED both of them :)
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I love to marinate my chicken in Italian Dressing and just bake it... sooo good and soooo simple.

You can bake some chicken, dice it up or shred and add it to tacos.. like a low cal flour tortilla.. maybe add a little taco seasoning cheese veggies etc..
  • rycry
    rycry Posts: 5
    Options
    I make bruchetta chicken, or chicken stir fry with my chicken. Or I marinate it in some terriyaki sauce and grill it or bake it! :)
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Crockpot Chicken Enchildas

4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    8 oz cream cheese
    2 cans enchilda sauce, red or green
    tortilla shells
    shredded cheddar cheese

Place chicken breasts in crockpot, and smother with one can of enchilda sauce and the cream cheese (I just leave it in a block and dump the enchilda sauce on top). Cook on low all day. When ready to prepare meal, stir the chicken well....it will just fall into pieces, and the cheese and enchilda sauce get mixed together. It kind of looks disgusting, but I promise it tastes good.

Spread chicken mixture down the center of softshell tortillas, and roll up. Place seam side down in a 9 x 13 inch casserole pan. You can fit six enchildas in the pan. Pour second can of enchilda sauce on top and cover with shredded cheddar cheese. Bake at 325-350° until heated through, approximately 30 minutes. If you make these ahead of time, you will need to bake longer.

Serve with lettuce, more shredded cheese, sour cream, black olives, etc. to your taste.

The leftover chicken mixture makes great chicken tacos, and this recipe freezes well. You can use low-fat or non-fat cream cheese and whole grain tortillas to make it healthier.
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I like to cut up chicken and saute it in salsa, no oil. Then mix up a batch of cornbread, you can find low-sugar options or make it from scratch. Pour batter into a 13x9 pan and then cover with the salsa chicken mixture. Sprinkle a little Mexican shredded cheese if you'd like on top and bake for about 30 minutes at 350 or until the cornbread is done. If you watch your portions it's very filling. I always take a little less so I can use some fat free sour cream on top.
  • humpalc
    humpalc Posts: 140
    Options
    I put chicken breast in the crock pot with diced garlic, green pepper, onion, oregano, basil, tomato sauce or diced tomato, and if I have it open a splash of wine - it can sit on low all day and when I come home I cook up some whole wheat pasta to serve it over.

OR - give it a tex-mex twist and replace oregano and basil with cumin and chipotle or chile powder, or add salsa - serve over brown rice or in a tortilla
  • TheNewDanielle
    Options
    Oven-Baked Chicken Parmesan

prep time 5 min
    total time 30 min
    makes 6 servings

What You Need

6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 lb.)

1 pkt. SHAKE 'N BAKE Chicken Coating

Mix 2 cups spaghetti sauce

1-1/2 cups KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese

1/4 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese

1 tsp. dried oregano leaves Make ItHEAT oven to 400°F.

COAT chicken with coating mix as directed on package; place in 13x9-inch pan.

BAKE 20 min. or until chicken is done (165°F).

TOP with remaining ingredients; bake 5 min. or until mozzarella is melted.

nutritional information per serving

Calories 320
    Total fat 12 g
    Saturated fat 5 g
    Cholesterol 85 mg
    Sodium 950 mg
    Carbohydrate 18 g
    Dietary fiber 2 g
    Sugars 4 g
    Protein 35 g
    Vitamin A 15 %DV
    Vitamin C 10 %DV
    Calcium 30 %DV
    Iron 15 %DV

Healthy Living InformationGenerally NutritiousDiet Exchange1 Starch + 4 Meat (L) + 1 Fat

Kraft Kitchens Tips
    For A Meal Under 500 Calories

Serve each chicken breast with 1/2 cup hot cooked spaghetti and 3/4 cup hot steamed broccoli for a 470-calorie meal.
    Easy Cleanup Line pan with foil before using.

Variations
    Prepare as directed, using one of the following flavor options: Cheesy BBQ Chicken: Omit Parmesan and substitute 1 cup KRAFT Barbecue Sauce for the spaghetti sauce and KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese for the mozzarella. Sprinkle with sliced green onions or OSCAR MAYER Real Bacon Bits. Mexican Baked Chicken: Omit Parmesan and substitute 1 jar (16 oz.) TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Salsa for the spaghetti sauce and KRAFT Mexican Style Shredded Cheese for the mozzarella.

I used Great Value Mozzarella, instead of Kraft for budget reasons. I also omitted the Parmesan cheese. This lessened the calories. However, I did have a 1/2 cup of angel hair pasta noodles, as the fiancee doesn't eat spaghetti noodles, and served the chicken on top of that with broccoli,carrots, and cauliflower on the side. That was dinner last night. Very good :)
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    adding to my topics