"For Real"

maggieschuck
maggieschuck Posts: 174
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
As quoted from my 7 yr old daughter this is "for real". It's my turn. I've been on the dieting yo yo for most of my adult life. I have no excuse for being 45 lbs overweight. I love food and haven't been very motivated to keep it off. In the last two months I have lost my job which is scary as I was the main supporter for my family. Life gave me a swift kick in the butt. I took it with a smile and kept marching forward. I'm now back in Medical Assisting school to make a career change.

If I can get through that and make positive changes, then why can't I get in shape too?! The motivation is now there. The support network is building and now it's time to make healthy life changing habits.

I've been on mfp for awhile now but it's only in the last few weeks that I have really explored what is has to offer. My end goal is to get my weight down to 140. I know it's going to be a struggle. There will be a few times that I'll blow it all together or feel like giving up. That's when I'm going to need the encouragement from my friends to inspire me again. If you would like to follow me in this journey then please send a friends request.

I'm looking forward to chatting with new friends and sharing stories.

Replies

• krd82
    krd82 Posts: 53
    I think that's awesome you want to be a MA. I graduated in January 08. I had so much fun in Medical Assistant School. My favorite class was plebotomy. Good luck to you with your school and getting to your desired weight.
This discussion has been closed.