fast food

Options
2»

Replies

• ysaidpie
    Options
    Stay away from just about anything at McDonalds. Even the salads with grilled chicken are loaded in sodium (especially the balsamic vinagarette or light Italian!) high sodium meals make me retain fluid so bad, I am not big as it is, so I gain 2 lbs of water & it's awful, I am weighed down & uncomfortable the rest of the day. I'd suggest the fruit & walnut salad (apples, grapes, yogurt, and a few walnuts). It's filling & pretty decent for you. Just saw they had oatmeal now available all day! Not sure the stats but it can't be bad- just opt for it plain without the brown sugar. I got a grilled chicken wrap there once thinking the same thing, "this can't be that bad... And I was starving & it was the ONLY option besides pizza at a rest stop while traveling. Well... That darn wrap made me bloated & uncomfortable from all the sodium, and it didn't even fill me up! Now I always travel with a peanut butter & banana sandwich in my purse & a fiber one bar for emergencies!
  • addie807
    Options
    you should go to the book store or the library ( I think even Walmart has it now) It's called eat this and not that. Its got LOTS of fast food calories, and will be amazed on how much stuff has CRAZY amounts of calories and others with hundreds less.

I have two different kinds of the "Eat This, Not That" . One is the general 2011 version and the other is a supermarket guide. I love these books. They have a section where they compare two food items and show they have the same amount of sugars, fats, and/or carbs.

Example:

Drinks:

Sunkist(20 ounce bottle)
    Sugar Equivalent: 17 Chewy Chips Ahoy cookies
    Punishment: Ride your bike 7 miles

Arizona Kiwi Strawberry(23.5 ounce can)
    Sugar Equivalent: 7 bowls of Froot Loops
    Punishment: Run 13 laps around a high school track

Fast Food:

Cheesecake Factory Grilled Shrimp& Bacon Club
    Calorie Equivalent : 6 1/2 Wendy's Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger

Cheesecake Factory Bistro Shrimp Pasta
    Calorie Equivalent: 6 McDonald's Quarter Pounders

Outback' Steakhouse Kookaburra Wings
    Saturated Fat Equivalent: 15 Applebee's 9 oz Sirloin Steaks

You get the idea. These books really make you take a second look at what you are eating in resturants and getting at the grocery store. Definitely get the books.