Plateu Phase and stuck

Options
I have lost over half the weight I need to and now Im stuck. I plateued for about 4 months but have recently got seriously about using Myfitness pal to try and move the rest. I lost 4kgs recently but once again im stuck.

Im 87.6kg and have been the same weight for over a week, no lose or gain. I am exercising like made but it jsut doesnt seem to be making a difference. Im currenthly on 1550 calories, should I drop some?

Replies

• elid
    elid Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!

First, I don't think being the same weight for over a week is necessarily a plateau. You might have retained water right before your weigh-in or something. I wouldn't worry too much about plateauing until it's gone on a few more weeks.

That said, you could try taking your measurements to see if you're losing cm. Also, our bodies sometimes get acclimated to exercise, and then it stops being quite so effective. You might change your workout routine and try something new that you've never done before.

Another tip is to stop stepping on the scale for a month or so! Keep measuring yourself around, and try not to focus so much on your weight. Don't give up! :)
  • audreyyrose
    Options
    try switching up your routine for two or three days. either add 100 calories or cut 100 calories, exercise a little bit more, do different exercises. your body is probably just used to what you're doing, and you've got to wake it back up :]
  • sheshe32
    sheshe32 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt worry about a week either. When you platau it will be a longer period of time. Water changes in your body so much. Just keep going, feeling and looking great. If you feel you have to drop 100 cals or so, do and see what happens. Good luck xx
  • ariayla
    ariayla Posts: 13
    Options
    I was just reading this article... http://run4change.wordpress.com/2009/07/13/qa-post-weight-gain-after-events-sore-muscles-and-hard-efforts/ and it makes sense.

I hurt my calf a few days ago and its only coming right today.