Where does fat leave first?

Options
2»

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    You will be losing body fat from all over, but it is actually more noticeable from those areas that didn't have a lot of fat in them in the first place...

My friend Franny compared it to puddles and lakes after it rains. Both the puddle and the lake that are in the same town in the same environment will evaporate at the same rate after the rain stops and the sun starts shining. But, because the puddle doesn't have anywhere near the same amount of water as the lake does, you only notice the puddle shrinking even though they both are shrinking at the same rate.

Most people have the most fat deposits around the stomach...hips and thighs for women as well...and those are what we call trouble spots...and they are also the areas that people want to know how to lose faster. You see your face, fingers, and areas around the collarbones shrinking first because there's much less fat stored in your chin than in your belly.

As far as women losing the boobs first...well, since that area is supposed to protrude from the body, people tend to notice it right away when it doesn't protrude as much as before, lol.
  • mariasheehan
    Options
    The first place you gain it is the last place you lose it and vice-versa...

I also heard this, and that we lose fat layer after layer like an onion, not that onions are fat if you know what I mean. :-)
  • boardedney
    boardedney Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Great answer Lyadeia.
  • urmyeffinstar
    urmyeffinstar Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My face goes down before anything else. My legs then slim down and lastly my belly!
  • scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    Options
    For me it was my face and neck. I WISH it had been my boobs!
  • veggiegirl314
    Options
    You will be losing body fat from all over, but it is actually more noticeable from those areas that didn't have a lot of fat in them in the first place...

My friend Franny compared it to puddles and lakes after it rains. Both the puddle and the lake that are in the same town in the same environment will evaporate at the same rate after the rain stops and the sun starts shining. But, because the puddle doesn't have anywhere near the same amount of water as the lake does, you only notice the puddle shrinking even though they both are shrinking at the same rate.

Most people have the most fat deposits around the stomach...hips and thighs for women as well...and those are what we call trouble spots...and they are also the areas that people want to know how to lose faster. You see your face, fingers, and areas around the collarbones shrinking first because there's much less fat stored in your chin than in your belly.

As far as women losing the boobs first...well, since that area is supposed to protrude from the body, people tend to notice it right away when it doesn't protrude as much as before, lol.

Thanks for the insight! I think your explanation definitely makes the most sense.
  • IronSheff
    IronSheff Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Mine definitely shows in the face first. I haven't told anyone at work that I'm eating better and working out and a guy came up to me today and said that my face looked slimmer, then the typical question of "are you sick" came up.