Elliptical... numb feet??

Options
2»

Replies

• synchrohobbit
    synchrohobbit Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This doesn't happen to me on the elliptical, because I think I sort of pick my feet up, but on the machine that is sort of like air running (no tracks, I always call it a cross trainer) they get numb because my toes are pressed into the front of the foothold.
  • 60HzShuffle
    Options
    double post please remove
  • 60HzShuffle
    Options
    It will go away once you become accustomed to it. I moved to a different type elliptical one day and it came back because the angle was slightly different and I was not used to it. I think it might be that some of the supportive muscles in the your feet and ankles need to build up a bit (but that's my theory)
  • traceybett
    traceybett Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old post... but I actually searched it again to come back and tell you...."THANK YOU" all for posting information. My feet were going numb on the elliptical and could barely make 5 minutes.

After reading all this information and realizing I wasn't going to face amputation of feet or worse... a stroke....... I pushed passed it tonight.

The numbness kina came and went, but I just kept going.

I went 42 minutes!!!! From a girl who could only do 5 min. a very short time ago..... THis is a happy day for me.