New kid in school!

Options
Hi! I feel like the new kid in school...; )

I joined this site in order to keep tabs on my diet and exercise. The past two years have been such a roller coaster of working out and eating healthy and then going out of control. I played sports in college and have been active all my life, but all the activities have been very structured and monitored by coaches and nutritionists...and very specific to playing sports. Now that I'm on my own I have no direction...no goal...I feel aimless. And to top it off (off course) I've lost muscle mass and stayed the same weight- so that means I replaced it with fat. Super.

I dread being that post-glory days athlete who gets fat and talks of "what I used to be able to do", but I'm afraid that's happening right before my eyes.

Soooo....I'm excited to get to know people who are working toward bettering themselves just like me! I'm ready to set goals and reach them- heh, just like the good ol' days.

Replies

• cguhlke
    Options
    Hi! I feel like the new kid in school...; )

I joined this site in order to keep tabs on my diet and exercise. The past two years have been such a roller coaster of working out and eating healthy and then going out of control. I played sports in college and have been active all my life, but all the activities have been very structured and monitored by coaches and nutritionists...and very specific to playing sports. Now that I'm on my own I have no direction...no goal...I feel aimless. And to top it off (off course) I've lost muscle mass and stayed the same weight- so that means I replaced it with fat. Super.

I dread being that post-glory days athlete who gets fat and talks of "what I used to be able to do", but I'm afraid that's happening right before my eyes.

Soooo....I'm excited to get to know people who are working toward bettering themselves just like me! I'm ready to set goals and reach them- heh, just like the good ol' days.
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hi CG the new kid! Glad you're excited about this site. It really does help! ...and happy to have you here.