Speedy Breakfast Ideas

Options
k4evans1
k4evans1 Posts: 145 Member
Hello everyone! I typically leave the house around 5:30am and would love to hear your favorite breakfast ideas that are super easy to make.

My recent favorite is to make a Yoplait Smoothie with some plain Nutiva hemp protein with fiber. So yummy, but I'm looking for additional ideas to throw together :) Thanks guys!!!

Replies

• minannan
    minannan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Someone posted about 'omelet in a mug' on here a few days ago & I tried it & it was great and super easy! You can throw anything in w/the eggs... turkey bacon, bacon bits, peppers, onions, cheese, etc. Only took two minutes in the microwave and it was ready!

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/omelet-in-a-mug/Detail.aspx
  • everyoung
    everyoung Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i always grab an apple and some nuts, it last a few hours.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I love instant cream of wheat with a scootch (scientific i know) of maple syrup, and microwaving my egg whites...throw it in an english muffin and away you go...
  • getNskinny2day
    Options
    Cook 2 or 3 egg whites (takes maybe 5min between prep AND cooking) and put them on one piece of multi-grain toast. Easy to eat on the go because you can fold it into a half sandwich. If you need/want to add some more calories you could always throw some cheese in it. I also love clementines because they are easy to peel and eat on the go.
  • Jo_Bird
    Jo_Bird Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Here are some ideas I have...
    *cook some turkey sausage, scrambled eggs the night before and then microwave it in a jif in the morning.
    * make a delicious quiche that will last for the week, taking a slice of it every morning. I love vegetable ones.
    *chop some fruit for the week mix it up in a bowl add it to some yogurt or oatmeal. And, then when you get snacky the fruit is already ready.
    *I really like oatmeal with fresh warm spiced apples :)
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    obviously cereal. also some toast with some butter, or jelly or peanut butter. also, for me tofu, but some eggs, if you have a george foreman thats easy.
  • ktndj82104
    Options
    I do a fiber english muffin with peanut butter so you get some protein and fiber with only 200 calories.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    * cottage cheese w/ fruit preserves & fresh fruit mixed in
    * egg white & veggie english muffin
    * greek yogurt w/ fresh fruit
    * waffles w/ peanut butter
  • valbar61
    valbar61 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Instant cream of wheat with one splenda, mix in a Dole's Mandarin Orange bowl in the cream of wheat. Yummy!