Joined a BL competition

hadley0910
hadley0910 Posts: 91 Member
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
Hello there! I recently joined a BL team competition at work. I know I need to lose some weight but I am totally not motivated right now. I really regret signing up because I haven't been taking it seriously. I'm scared I will not lose weight and let my team down. So here I am, I know I sound a little pathetic but I can use any motivation out there!

Replies

• amie1004
    amie1004 Posts: 65 Member
    This is a good place to be for motivation :) Good luck to you!
  • I did the same! We did not do teams, we r on an indvdual basis and I am currently in first place. You can do it! good luck and keep me posted.
  • emmerrs
    emmerrs Posts: 158 Member
    Use that to motivate you! Every time you go to eat something that isn't bad for you, think to yourself "Would my teammates eat this? Is eating this going to help or hinder my team in winning?"

It's really hard to get re-motivated when you've gotten yourself down, I've been really struggling with that lately myself, but let go of the past "failures" and do your best now :)

Good Luck!
  • hadley0910
    hadley0910 Posts: 91 Member
    Thanks so much for all of the encouraging words!
  • atlraine
    atlraine Posts: 172 Member
    In the last year I've joined two at work. The first I won and the second I came in second place. What I love about BL's at work is that you have a core group of people willing to motivate you to a healthier you. Enjoy the competition and motivation, because any loss or better eating habits only amounts to a positive you.

MFP is a great place to reach for motivation, ideas and encouragement. Good Luck!!
This discussion has been closed.