But I'm in pain

Options
I won't lie I am so sore from the last couple of workouts, I don't know if I'm suppose to work through the pain, or just take a break tonight? I know it's suppose to hurt at least till I get use to it but will taken a break this early only make it worse next time?

Replies

• Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Good topic! Im doing the 30 DS and Im also doing pilates after and im so sore but I think I will treadmill it tomorrow after jillian kicks my trash:)
  • Tuckersn
    Tuckersn Posts: 149
    Options
    Do something light . . . workouts don't always have to kick your butt. You can burn a chunk of cals going for a brisk walk or a light bike/stationery bike ride. That sort of thing . . . keeps you in the groove but not causing injury. :0)
  • nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options
    Wondering the same thing.. Sorry I can't help guys.. but interested on hearing some answers :D
  • bigcurt61
    bigcurt61 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    If you just started working out, your body is going to be in shock a little. Make sure you stretch and are not working the same body part everyday i.e. work biceps and let them rest for 24-48 before working them out again. Lastly make sure you're getting enough rest (that's when the muscles recover) and your diet has enough protein to aid in rebuilding muscle. Stick with it!! :-)
  • drblythe
    drblythe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I had the same question, i'm currently having difficulty walking down the stairs as my thighs hurt soooo much!

I asked the gym instructor after my first 'body pump' class and she said, basically "you're going to be sore for a little while, if it's just a bit sore its best to continue to work out but be a little gentler...don't push it too hard"

I just did day 2 of the 30 day shred with sore legs and it wasn't as bad as I expected, you could also try something that works out a different area or something like swimming that stretches the muscles.
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    depends on the pain. if it's just muscle soreness, work out light to get the lactic acid out. If it's skeletal or your joints take a break. If you feel bumps on your shins and/or the pain is in the front of your calves instead of the muscle behind your calves, could be shin splints.
  • VicentesWifey
    Options
    I would take a break and just go for a long walk and then work out every other day...then work up remember to breath while your working out and drink lots of water....try not to exert your self...its ok to push yourself but dont hurt yourself good luck hun oh and for every hour of exercise your supposed to take a break....