Nutrisystem

Options
I just started nutrisystem today and i was just wondering if anyone else is doing it and how they like it.

Replies

• nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    Options
    I just started nutrisystem today and i was just wondering if anyone else is doing it and how they like it.
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    isn't that really expensive?
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Yeah, there is a whole post all about it on here.

I blabbed there.
    It cost more then I was willing to pay for.... (I did it twice before I learned that lesson)
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I'm being harsh, but to me it felt like the system was designed to replace heart disease with cancer. The food was way too processed and not healthy at all. Nutrisystem might help people get used to understanding the kind of portion sizes that are needed to lose weight or maintain a slim weight. But after a week, my wife and I had to return our unused food. Most of it was difficult to ingest and my digestion started to suffer after a few days.
  • nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    Options
    isn't that really expensive?

it is if you order it but we have a store where i live and you can buy the food individually and i figured it out and its actually cheaper to buy it that way.

39174.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

I blabbed there.
    It cost more then I was willing to pay for.... (I did it twice before I learned that lesson)

no worries bunny, you're doing great dont let anyone tell you otherwise.
  • Me_Im_2b
    Me_Im_2b Posts: 165
    Options
    I did it for a month las summer and absolutely hated it! Most of the food was covered in a brown gravy and reminded me of cat food! :sick: The only reason I lost weight was because the food was so gross I couldn't eat! Sorry that's just my $0.02. Hope it works out better for you than it did for me! :flowerforyou:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options

I blabbed there.

Thanks I appreciate it. I try not to let what negative things people say get to me. I figure....I've only really been working on it for a few weeks. We can't all know all the secrets to weight loss....right? Almost reminded me of high school. :laugh:
  • Me_Im_2b
    Options

I blabbed there.

I think you're doing great Chubby Bunny! You're also one of the nicest people on here who makes everyone feel welcome! Keep it up!:flowerforyou:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options

I blabbed there.

Thanks I appreciate it. I try not to let what negative things people say get to me. I figure....I've only really been working on it for a few weeks. We can't all know all the secrets to weight loss....right? Almost reminded me of high school. :laugh:

of course. anyway, it took me 2 weeks to lose my first pound! and 2 more to lose anything after that! now I lose a pretty consistent 2 lbs a week.... your body is getting used to the change. high school? more like pre-school.

I actually started out heavier....didn't find the ticker thing til after I lost and can't figure out how to add my old weight on.

Ahhhh high school or pre-school....is there much of a difference some days?
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options

I blabbed there.

I think you're doing great Chubby Bunny! You're also one of the nicest people on here who makes everyone feel welcome! Keep it up!:flowerforyou:

You sweet! I have a mean streak but I try not to let it come out, I mean we are all supposed to be here to support and help each other. I try to keep that in mind.
  • Me_Im_2b
    Options

I blabbed there.

You sweet! I have a mean streak but I try not to let it come out, I mean we are all supposed to be here to support and help each other. I try to keep that in mind.

I think we all need to keep that in mind and leave the drama behind! (BTW, we all have a mean streak in us! :devil: :laugh: :laugh: )
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Yay then I am not alone!

I used to have a horrible time turning the other cheek.

My opinion on Nutrisystem though, there are way cheaper ways. If you want to put up the money and can eat the food, then by all means do what works for you.
  • mommy2js
    mommy2js Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My dad lost 60 lbs. on Nutrisystem. It worked great for him - I tried it and lost pretty fast at the beginning, but I think you have to be very disciplined for the program - it is really easy to eat too little calories. I think that's what happened to me, plus, I didn't love the food. Once you try some stuff, you find what you like and then it is fine - I recommend the lo-fat granola, the burgers were actually not bad and the desert bar that was chocolate mint I thought was actually really good. Anyway - Good luck! It obviously works for A LOT of people, it just wasn't for me.:flowerforyou:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    My dad lost 60 lbs. on Nutrisystem. It worked great for him - I tried it and lost pretty fast at the beginning, but I think you have to be very disciplined for the program - it is really easy to eat too little calories. I think that's what happened to me, plus, I didn't love the food. Once you try some stuff, you find what you like and then it is fine - I recommend the lo-fat granola, the burgers were actually not bad and the desert bar that was chocolate mint I thought was actually really good. Anyway - Good luck! It obviously works for A LOT of people, it just wasn't for me.:flowerforyou:

Congrats to your dad! Also, to you. It does take a lot of discipline to stick with the program to get the results you want. I just couldn't commit to that. I think it's great that it worked (cause lets face it they will work....we have proof) but it's not for everyone. Which is okay. It's finding your groove.
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    CLEARLY it works for some people.

:mad:
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    CLEARLY it works for some people.

:mad:

It'll definitely work...yes. In fact, I have no doubt in my mind that I'd be much lighter today if I had stuck with NS instead of quitting after a week.

For people that need to lose a good amount of weight and fast, NS will definitely do the job.

It would be cheaper to just prepare your own foods, but you're buying into a system that has everything pre-planned out for you. If that's what someone needs to get their body recomposition into high gear, then this plan would be a good fit.
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Yeah would just reccommend something like Lean Cuisine if you're that bad off for easy meals/can't cook/portions etc.

:P

Anyway. Jillian Michaels has a food system coming to market soon. Interesting!
  • Koozy81
    Koozy81 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I dont understand why this is so touchy, some people liked NS, some didnt- thats all ok. I personally would aleast try it if I had the money to spend on it
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    My MIL did it and had a lot of success because she hates to cook or plan meals, so it was perfect for her.

To each their own. I personally don't want to spend the money, though doesn't it come out to be like $10 a day or something like that?? That's really not that bad when you think of how much our meals cost per day anyway!

Like I said in the other post, I personally need to learn about portions and having something shipped to me teaches me nothing. However, it could be very helpful to someone else.

The important thing with any weight loss program is to find what works for YOU! Whether it be Nutrisystem, WW, South Beach, Atkins, Jenny Craig, etc etc etc...if it is something you can do and stick to in order to reach success, then by all means..get on it!! :wink: