Sauna

AndyBee
AndyBee Posts: 171 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Is there a reason I should sit in the sauna after working out? Or is it just to relax? I'm not interested in sweating more since I know that's just water loss.

Replies

• AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Cleanses your organs.
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    nah. think it's just to relax.
  • 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Ummmm good question, I'll have to keep checking back for the answers.
  • brandygburke
    brandygburke Posts: 48 Member
    it helps to rid your body of toxins because the heat causes your heart to pump blood to the surface of your skin, causing sweating. Any weight loss is just water weight - I like to sit in them because it makes me relax, but sometimes it's pretty darn hard to breathe in there :)
  • 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Is there a reason I should sit in the sauna after working out? Or is it just to relax? I'm not interested in sweating more since I know that's just water loss.

Decided to look it up on the web and found this article it's interesting and I may try the sauna since my gym has one that no one hardly uses. Thanks and here's the website http://www.buzzle.com/articles/sauna-benefits-after-workout.html
    Hope it helps!
  • It is reported that you loss several pounds in a 20-30 minute session. Beware of dehydration and drink plenty of fluids before during and after.
  • AndyBee
    AndyBee Posts: 171 Member
    Thanks for the link 1QueenB! That was really helpful. I'll make sure to pop into the sauna before I leave tonight.
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member

Decided to look it up on the web and found this article it's interesting and I may try the sauna since my gym has one that no one hardly uses. Thanks and here's the website http://www.buzzle.com/articles/sauna-benefits-after-workout.html
    Hope it helps!

Thanks for sharing, very interesting!!
This discussion has been closed.