greetings!

MamaMcGreevy
MamaMcGreevy Posts: 3 Member
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
A dear, but not so near, friend invited me to this site today and just in time to coincide with my first day of 'really starting to diet and work out". I got her email a few hours after completing my first workout video in months.
Though it may seem to be at odds with my new weight-loss and fitness goals, my daughter and I will be spending the next several months learning from Julia Child's "Mastering the Art of French Cooking". My philosophy is that good, wholesome food from real (not fabricated) ingredients is more nourishing and more satisfying and makes me less likely to over-eat. Following that philosophy and trending "lower carb" (not seriously low carb - just @ 100g/day limit) worked for me right up to the day I had my gallbladder out. And now, as I have had several months to find out which foods are compatible with my slightly altered digestion, I plan to start tracking my exercise and eating and to be a little more sensible about both.
Here's to a healthier, smaller me in 2011!

Replies

• MHW22
    MHW22 Posts: 10 Member
    That is SOO funny ... we just watched the Julia & Julia movie last week ... and I was contemplating doing the SAME thing, only alternating in heatlher options along the way as applicable ... GOOD LUCK!!!
This discussion has been closed.