night shift

Options
Anyone out there a night shifter? It's so hard to not munch throughout the night and not be reminded of hunger:) any tips?

Replies

• laura4410
    laura4410 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am and I agree it is super hard. I just reset my calories at midnight. so, I will eat dinner before I go into work. Then eat around 1 am, and then try and drink a shakeology shake when I wake up and a easy healthy meal that night. Its hard though and its easy to go over my calories. I wake up STARVING. I worry about not getting enough calories, or too many. Night shift just flat out sucks. The busier I am, the better off I am. And I just drink TONS of water. One supplement that has really helped me is Jillian Michaels calorie control. Not sure if its mental or not, but I just havent felt as hungry at work. Oh and avoid the break room!! What do you do? I am a nurse, and there is always crap crap crap in the breakroom!
  • eosuna14
    Options
    I also work the night shift. 12 hours 3-4 days a week. What I do I pack my lunch and munch on things like apples, nuts and other things that are low cal. I try to eat a light lunch, because dont like to feel weighted down. Packing your own lunch is important because the only thing at night is fast food.
  • eosuna14
    Options
    Im a police officer and yes there is nothing good in the breakroom. I work with a bunch of kids and I have to try and keep up with these guys, but I know my limitations. I want to lose weight for myself and my small children.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    I can sympathise.i gave up night shifts when I had my daughter 2 yrs ago.and agree abt rubbish in stffrooms many of the nurses used to get takeaways and it was always sooo tempting! I used to take a munch box of fruit nd cucumber sandwiches to get me through