Anyone else want to do a marathon?

mbakken90
mbakken90 Posts: 202 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I've always wanted to complete a marathon. And losing this weight may help me achieve this goal once and for all!! Are there any runners or marathon goers out there? If so add me and we can talk! I want to know about it and any techniques and tips you have. I hope everyone's day is awesome!

Replies

• bizybeemom
    bizybeemom Posts: 84 Member
    I love to run. I don't think I will ever do a full marathon, but I have completed a mini marathon several times. I am not an expert, but it is something I love!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,459 Member
    I'm considering it for a 2 year plan. Just finished working my way up to 5K using C25K and will begin working toward a 10K in the fall and possibly a mini next year...after that, who knows! Good luck!
  • I've done a couple of half marathons, and they are a huge amount of fun. I don't have any inclination to do a marathon simply because the half is a good distance for me--I am sore afterwards, but reasonably so; I feel physically exhausted when I finish; and, there are a lot of just-for-fun runners to train with, whereas marathoners can be a little intense for my pace. Might you consider trying a half first and seeing if you even want to do a full marathon?
  • I'm not sure if you read Fitness magazine but they actually have a beginners and advanced marathon training plan included in this month's mag. It is really good about starting you off easy to avoid injury,but still helps your endurance greatly! I just started it and really excited to finish and register for a race eventually!
  • mbakken90
    i LOVE fitness magazine. I need to go pick that one up!
    I think that i want to start with a half marathon. I live in Chicago so there are tons around. I really want to do this goal it's always been a dream of mine :) Think i can do it???
  • You can do anything you set your mind to! It's mind over matter! Push your body to do things it may not feel like doing! I wish you luck in training for it, because I know I am about to hit it hard!
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    I'm doing a 5K walk in Feb in in St. Pete. It's my first one ever! You can do whatever you want. Maybe next year I'll run the 5K or even a 10K. I don't really see myself doing a marathon, 26.1 miles! WOW! Good Luck and have fun!
  • I would suggest runnig a half-marathon first...I have done 2. I think it's the perfect distance - I couldn't imagine running another 13.1 miles on top of that! Good Luck with whatever you choose to do!
  • mbakken90
    I just watched a made episode of MTV and the girl who was on lost 30 pounds and ran a 5K! It was really inspiring. I think I may sign up for one of those soon :)!!!
This discussion has been closed.