Gluten Free?? Anyone??

Jaedynmoon
Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
edited September 23 in Food and Nutrition
So, the first of the year I went dairy free because I was having horrible symptoms/attacks after eating dairy. Now, I've been noticing I've been having some symptoms come back that also mimic gluten intolerance SO I'm going to *try* to remove gluten for awhile to see if I have an issue with it SOOOOOOOOOO help?! I'm googling all I can right now since I have no idea where to begin. Thank you for your help!

Replies

• I was Gluten free for almost six months! LOTS I can share!! :-)
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    I was Gluten free for almost six months! LOTS I can share!! :-)

Oh I would LOVE that! Thank you so much! :)
  • i_can
    i_can Posts: 11
    I've been gluten free for 2 years now, since a diagnosis of an esophageal disorder. (which has caused me to be egg-free as well). I still miss bread sometimes (gluten free bread isn't worth the calories), but I've eaten so many new things, it's ok.
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Great book for gluten free living called "the G free diet" by Hasselbeck (the last from The View). Maybe you should get tested for celiac disease as well..just a consideration..
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    My wife is Wheat intolerant, possibly gluten intolerant (not diagnosed). A lot of grocery stores have small gluten free sections, usually a very small section somewhere in the store, not always in the health food section. If you are avoiding wheat product I can warn you to watch out for Kamut and Spelt, they are still wheat. Sprouted wheat products seem to be safe.
  • ladysvs
    ladysvs Posts: 61
    If you can eat nuts, they will help so much! I have Celiac Disease but can't handle milk, rice, potatoes & corn, so I can sympathize. This whole last week I hate things I shouldn't have and am in pain now, so as tempting as it IS to eat it, don't! Your body is going to feel so much better!
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,318 Member
    I eat gluten free, dairy free, egg free. I'd be glad help anyone out.
  • happychell
    happychell Posts: 12 Member
    I am a wheat free eater (not gluten specfic but eat lots of gluten free foods).

It can be difficult but I have found a few products that I really enjoy (taste good!).

- San Remo gluten free pasta is great (get it in the same section as the normal pasta in woolies etc)
    - I eat lots of corn thins instead of bread. Rice cakes are the same I guess but I prefer the taste of corn thins!!!

Be great to swap some healthy reciepes if you have any?
This discussion has been closed.