Made it though a very tempting day!

Options
So it started out normal, but my husband gets off of work early and contacts me after I spent 2 hours at the gym and has a pizza for me to pick up...I'm like...really? Come on...So I go pick up the nice big greasy pizza, but next door is a chinese place, So I saved myself with steamed rice, veggies and fish. So got through one challenge...

So later, I have class til 8:30pm and I call him and ask him if we need anything on the way home and he suggests KFC...this time I laid it on thick asked him if he realized that I have a goal I've been working on for over two weeks now and that I have my second weigh in tomorrow morning...I told him I'm not compromising all of my work for one bad food choice. I think he understands now...

Anyways all said and done we ended up with a couple smart ones frozen dinners and we are both happy. It was just such a tempting hard day and I'm not sure what I would have done without a weigh in tomorrow and the guilt of logging it in my food log.

Does anyone else have anyone toxic in their lives? (diet wise)

Replies

• SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Welll yes I do! My husband! Not meaning to sabotage me but hmmm...we went out to dinner at our fav italian place recently and I resisted my urge to order my favorite and he said well you could lie for your weigh in...as I'm in a challenge on here( it was the next day). I'm like no dude, what are you thinking?!!!:angry:
  • colochel
    colochel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Pizza is the single hardest thing for me to pass up... great job! My husband (love him dearly) is the single worst thing when it comes to supporting my lifestyle changes. He is blessed with an amazing metabolism and a hunger for red meat and grease (sounds disgusting, lol). So, I have totally been in your shoes. When he wants to order a pizza, I just ask that he make it one loaded with things I don't like (green peppers usually does the trick). When he wants to eat out, I suggest a place that serves breakfast because I'm always down for some egg whites. And when we grocery shop, I get the essentials for him, and splurge a little on my stuff as a job well done for continuing.

It's SO hard not to cheat... I really admire you!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    co-workers and their ridiculously sweet morning tea treats. Rejected all of them today :)
  • nubreeze33
    Options
    See holding yourself accountable is amazing isn't it? It is what has gotten me this far! Everyone around me is toxic, I come from a family full of obesity as well as my friends. I love em but I realize now it has all made me stronger because after all this is a new lifestyle for me so I had to be the one to change me, even if i'm in a situation that is tempting. I have small children so even cooking for them I have to remember everyone in my house isn't gluten free. I manage a restaurant so I have to remember to bring lunch and not to take advantage of the convenience of food right there waiting for me to put it down. It's all discipline and holding yourself accountable and it sounds like you are getting it on point and when someone makes you feel threatened keep expressing yourself like you did. I think now your husband will see you are not playing around! WAY TO GO HUGS!
  • ladybu6205
    ladybu6205 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    When I started my journey 4 years ago, my husband was stationed in Korea for a year. With him being deployed, it made it very easy for me to do the things I needed to do for myself. My husband, even though he was gone, was a huge supporter in my efforts, even after coming home from Korea.

My "toxins" were my co-workers. I was often tempted with sweets and bad food choices by them and even more often told I was already too skinny, that I didn't need to loose weight. By Doctors Standards, I was only overweight by 10-15 lbs but I carried it well for my height. I really didn't look overweight.

For me though, it wasn't only about loosing weight to look better. Yes, that was a part as I was unhappy with how I looked and how I felt. But, I finally had to just start telling my co-workers, it's not about my trying to be skinny, it's about my trying to be healthy. It's about me trying to give myself a better chance at NOT developing the illnesses that run like wildfire through my family tree. Heart disease, leukemia, hypertension, cancer, diabetes, Parkinson's disease, just to name a few.

I was put on medication when I was only 20 years old for hypertension. I was on it for 15 years. At 20 years old, I was 5'7" and weighted 129 lbs, was VERY healthy. The doctors ran every test imaginable to determine why I had hypertension. I didn't smoke, I didn't drink, I ate healthy for the most part, I was active, and I had very little stress in my life. My medical file has noted by the doctor after all the tests that I am a "special case" because they couldn't find anything causing my hypertension.

I think we all have our own reasons for wanting to loose weight. Most because we want to be healthy, we want to live longer lives, be there for our children, or spouses, and families. We no longer want be held back by the things we couldn't do because of our weight issues. I think our best defense to people who try to bring us down, tempt us to sway from our journey to health, is to defend our actions. Once I started defending myself, and not just blowing off their comments or getting upset, they understood. It's not always about trying to be the runway supermodel.
  • flyinmomof3
    flyinmomof3 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I agree with you totally ladybu6205. My total drive is to be healthy and the bonus is that I look good and feel good! I think it's totally ok for my family to have pizza once a week, and once I'm at my goal I will too...in moderation. it's outstanding that you have so many things genetically, driving you to be healthy, and it astounding how many people have the exact same problem, wheather it be one or all, the problem is excess weight. Even cancer is more promenant is people that are overweight, and if you have a history in your family and are overweight too, it is so much worse. Obesity is definately the leading cause in most of America's health problem. I'm glad that restaurants are starting to come around with healthier options and more people are becoming aware of the epidemic. Hopefully someday our Nation will be one of health!