Anybody wanna start 30 day shred with me??

Options
So I got my Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred in the mail today... I was thinking if a group of us started it together.... We could help motivate each other?? Make a challenge out of it?? How much are you hoping to lose in the 30 days??

Let me know if anybody is interested!! May even throw in some weekly or bi-weekly mini challenges!!! :)

Replies

• LoseItCorinne
    Options
    I need to purchase this. Do you know if i can get it at Target or something similar? Once i do purchase i am totally in! :0)
  • Teran0612
    Teran0612 Posts: 263
    Options
    I got mine off of eBay.. But Target has it for around $8 I think!! :) I won't be starting it until at least Saturday.. Maybe Sunday since I still have to work tomorrow night!!! So maybe a weigh in on Sunday or Monday with our goals?? :-) I'm super excited!!
  • Luckymam
    Luckymam Posts: 300
    Options
    I will! But it's my birthday today and I'm going out at the weekend so I can't start til Monday.
  • loushep
    loushep Posts: 191
    Options
    I'm interested, i've done 5 workouts already but i don't mind starting over. I planned to do it everyday but that hasn't happened and i could use the motivation of a group to get me doing it everyday. I don't have a goal of weight i want to lose from doing it, i'd just like the achievement of knowing i stuck to it. I'll send you a friend request, can you let me know when start day is gonna be :)
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I would totally love to do this with you if you don't mind! I bought the dvd more than a year ago (guilty-face) and it's still in the plastic wrap it came in. I'd love to share the experience with someone. I think it would be very invigorating to workout with a group..but not have to sweat directly in front of them!
  • Teran0612
    Options
    This is great!!!! I'm thinking Monday would be the perfect day to start if that works well for everybody!!! Looking forward to the next 30 days with everybody!!! I weighed in this past Wednesday for another challenge I am in.. and had gained... BOO!! So I will weigh Monday to get a fresh starting weight for this challenge.

I think week one's only mini challenge will be to actually stick with doing the video all 7 days!!! I'm sure that in itself will be a great accomplishment for us all!!! :-)
  • Teran0612
    Options
    So this is our group so far.. If everybody will weigh in on Monday.. I will start keeping track with everybody's weight and progress... I don't know that I will make a cute little spreadsheet like so many other challenges have, because A) I'm new to this, and not exactly sure how, and B) I'm a full-time working mother of 5, with the youngest two being under 18 months, and don't really have the time! :happy: But I will try and post everybody's updated info Tuesday mornings after everyone has weighed in on Monday's!!!

Teran0612
    LoseItCorinne
    ninyagwa
    loushep
    Luckymam
  • loushep
    Options
    Hi all, i'm glad to be in the group and looking forward to the challenge however my weigh in days are thursdays and i don't like to weigh in between. I'm fine with giving my thursdays weight in on mondays, i don't mind if it doesn't reflect a real weight loss from this challenge i just want some motivation to actually stick with an exercise program for a whole 30 days.

I agree with the first weeks mini challenge, just doing the dvd for 7days straight is going to be tough :noway:

Have a great weekend and good luck for monday everyone :happy:
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    I need to purchase this. Do you know if i can get it at Target or something similar? Once i do purchase i am totally in! :0)

Walmart has it for $8
  • maher2006
    maher2006 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    i bought this dvd a week ago and havent started..but i am interested in starting with you monday.
  • Teran0612
    Options
    Sounds great Lou!! :-)

And Maher, I'll add you to the list!! Glad to have you join us!! Looking forward to getting started on Monday!!!
  • LoseItCorinne
    Options
    I am going to go get it tonight.. So we start tomorrow and we work out every single day for 30 days right?
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I am so excited to start this challenge! I'm also in a weight loss challenge at work, & this will most definitely help!
  • Teran0612
    Options
    Yep Corrine... You do level one for 10 days, level two for 10 days, and level three for 10 days!!

I can't wait to start it.. I've also been doing the crunch bootcamp video, and it's been kicking my butt!! I'm hoping this challenge will keep me motivated and lush me through until the 30 days is up!! I know the nights I work will be the hardest for me.. All I'll wanna do is sleep between shifts!! Haha

Don't forget to post your weights tomorrow!! :-)
  • Teran0612
    Options
    Ok... I just completed day 1... And had to immediately jump in the shower!! As if her kicking my butt wasn't enough, she makes me kick my own butt in the video!!! Literally!!! 1 down.. 29 to go... If I don't die from exhaustion first!! :-)

Today's weight- 182.4 This was right after my work out.. I weighed 182.6 just before the video.. How does that work?!?? Haha

Hope you guys enjoy your workout today!! Let me know what you think of it!! :-)
  • loushep
    Options
    OK so i just about managed the first day. My right knee and both ankles were hurting a lot. I've done the shred before without these problems so i'm going to take it day by day and see how i go. Hopefully they'll improve, i'll keep you posted. My start weight is 192lbs.

Louise x
  • jude666
    jude666 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'd love to start it - i bought it online last week and it says I'll have to wait till the 28th for it to arrive!!!! Grrrrr......
    it's insane - i actually am desperate to exercise!! I'm currently doing another DVD - Davina McCall The Power of 3 (famous in britain) and it's good so far but have heard soooooo much about 30 day shred that I would love to give it a go for myself.

Good luck with your 30 day shred adventure.

I don't own any bathroom scales at home (partly intentional as the last time I lost a lot of weight i kinda became addicted to weighing myself!) So, instead, I am planning on taking measurements of my whole body so, hopefully, i'll see a difference at the end of it all.

I understand the routines are only 20 mins long - is this correct? if so, does this include a warm up/cool down or do you have to do that for yourself?
  • FitqueenT
    FitqueenT Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join the group? I started it this morning. It was awesome!!!
    Also can anyone tell me what I should report it as in my exercise? THanks
  • Teran0612
    Options
    Lou, I thought I was gonna die!! Are you following that girl on the right? Maybe that will make it easier on your joints? Good job at getting today done!!

Jude- That does stink that it's gonna take so long to get it!!! It's an amazing work out.. she really pushes you!! I took my weight, and did all my measurements.. and you definitely can see a difference!!! They are 20 minutes long.. She does a "warm up" that really gets your heart going, and then a cool down at the end.. It consists of three circuits.. each one consisting of 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs! I was praying for the third round to get complete!! lol

Dee- Would love to have you join us!! Just post your starting weight!! :-) I posted mine under circuit training-general.. I have heard people do it under there, and under calisthenics vigorous effort.. They both use the same caloric figuration, so it's up to you!! :)
  • FitqueenT
    FitqueenT Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thanks. My starting weight is 132