Hey all!! A bone to pick..so to speak! :)

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
Ok, I am just putting it out there.

I have noticed there seems to be a lot of negative energy around here with certain threads. I am not sure exactly WHY it seems to turn out that way, but the point is it is seriously starting to affect the supportive, encouraging vibe that MFP is so famous for.

I would just like to ask that if any of you need to take things to the point that it get's negative, then maybe address the topic through emails so that other's aren't offended or turned off.

We are all here for support and information. Yes, a lot of posts are opinions and should be taken as simply that...and maybe a guideline unless specifically written by a physician. However, opinions ARE allowed and one person's experience may very well help another. That isn't to say that every opinion on here is right but we can pick and choose what will be helpful to us from each post and go from there.

I am so thankful to have found this site and hope it remains the supportive, helpful community I have grown to love!!

*Stepping off soap box now*

:heart: to all!

-Tami

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options

I have noticed there seems to be a lot of negative energy around here with certain threads. I am not sure exactly WHY it seems to turn out that way, but the point is it is seriously starting to affect the supportive, encouraging vibe that MFP is so famous for.

I would just like to ask that if any of you need to take things to the point that it get's negative, then maybe address the topic through emails so that other's aren't offended or turned off.

We are all here for support and information. Yes, a lot of posts are opinions and should be taken as simply that...and maybe a guideline unless specifically written by a physician. However, opinions ARE allowed and one person's experience may very well help another. That isn't to say that every opinion on here is right but we can pick and choose what will be helpful to us from each post and go from there.

I am so thankful to have found this site and hope it remains the supportive, helpful community I have grown to love!!

-Tami
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I would have to agree, but there truly are negative ill-meaning people everywhere.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    I agree Tam....this site has helped me in so many ways!

I hope that it remains the positive, uplifting site it always has been for me!!!

hugs and :drinker:
    Ali
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I agree. I've felt the same way recently, and it has almost turned me off of the message boards. But I'm going to stick it out and take everything with a grain of salt (is that the expression I want to use? I don't know), because everyone has helped me so much already, and I :heart: :heart: :heart: the community.
  • Me_Im_2b
    Me_Im_2b Posts: 165
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    Totally agreed!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options

-Tami

Sorry Tam... :grumble:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Did I miss yet another MFP soap opera episode? *sigh*
    Anywho....
    I agree with you Tiramisu!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Hear ya....... calling someone a liar is definitely not supportive. Please people, read the forum posting rules.
  • TamTastic
    Options

-Tami

LOL! Just don't let it happen again!! Or else!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Hug!! to you bunny!!
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Alright, if I do you can have my lucky rabbit foot....then I'll have to hop in a circle. :embarassed:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I totally agree, I am glad you mentioned it i didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings or step on toes.

Not feeling the love so much :cry:

:heart: you guys
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    It takes 2 and if U watch U can see just which ones it is that do it on a multiple basis everyday.

~steps off the soapbox before I mention names and need to run and hide~

:flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

-Tami

yes, sorry to all that had to endure it, but i felt it necessary. won't happen again :flowerforyou:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    It takes 2 and if U watch U can see just which ones it is that do it on a multiple basis everyday.

Oh hey...I don't do it THAT often.
  • GravyGurl
    Options

Silly Bunny.... I wasn't referring to you at all dear. I enjoy seeing ur face around.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options

Silly Bunny.... I wasn't referring to you at all dear. I enjoy seeing ur face around.

It's cause it's round...and kinda like a ball. :laugh:
  • GravyGurl
    Options

:laugh: so is mine... so is mine
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Hey everybody!

I'm with my big sis Tam on this one. This site rocks because of the amazing people and the willingness of everyone here to put aside everyday crap for a few minutes and just be here for our friends and community.

Let's stay focused on the positives, yes, we all have days where we don't feel like patting everyone on the back and that's fine, in fact I say that on those days make sure we know about it so we can lift you up also.

This site is so amazingly unique, and it's not the content (although Mike has done a freakin awesome job) that makes me keep coming back here.

I sincerely love you guys like family, and I want everyone vets and noobs alike (that's N-O-O-B-S Phatsis, not B-O-O...well you get the picture....) to always know I am only a message away. I swear to do whatever I can to be here for ya. (And that goes for a great many of the folks here).

Hugs and all that!

-J:heart:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options

:laugh: so is mine... so is mine

Oh! Kindred spirits!!! YAY!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options

I think its more pretty like a beautiful flower!!!
    hugs!