Parents are comming !!!!

Options
Okay ... so my boyfriends parents are comming into town on July 4th. Oscar (b/f) has not seen them in 6 years....and I have never met them. They are from Mexico. Now I know quick fixes are not the way to go... but we just found this out like 2 nights ago. Any ideas to get a good chunk of weight off fast. I know it's not healthy to do this fast... but I have made peace with the fact that I might have to start over once they leave. Any tips please

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• superduperbandnerd
    Options
    Okay ... so my boyfriends parents are comming into town on July 4th. Oscar (b/f) has not seen them in 6 years....and I have never met them. They are from Mexico. Now I know quick fixes are not the way to go... but we just found this out like 2 nights ago. Any ideas to get a good chunk of weight off fast. I know it's not healthy to do this fast... but I have made peace with the fact that I might have to start over once they leave. Any tips please

• LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Do exactly what you're doing, but drink TONS of water, and exercise your little heart out!!!

Also, by the way, I think they'll love you just the way you are.
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Well.....you still have about a month. So, you've already lost 6 and if you lose at least a pound a week, you'll have 10 lbs gone by then.....Buckle down, record your food, increase your workouts and you'll see results. GL. Everybody wants to make a good impression on significant other's parents.:flowerforyou:
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I don't quite understand why you would want to loose it fast? To make a good impression when they come or to have some leeway when they get here to eat unhealthy? Take it from a jo jo pro:laugh: the quick fixes don't work, now you could eat healthy and do your exercises untill they come and crank up your routine more for when they are here so you can have a little more to eat. :drinker:
  • superduperbandnerd
    Options
    okay ... well do you think yoga would be a good thing to add ... I can't do much cardio because I'm a cardiacpatient. How much exercise is too much? Is there such a thing as too much?
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Hmm...I don't know anything about that then. Definitely don't overdo it!!! Try to incorporate some yoga, and maybe some pilates, if the doctor gives you the thumbs up. Pilates is pretty low-impact, and a good workout, I think.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Are you able to walk (at a deccent pace for a while) or would that be too much strain? My mom swears by it and has lost a lot of weight doing that alone. I agree with the Pilates, for sure....makes you find muscles you didn't know you had!
  • superduperbandnerd
    Options
    doc says I can do what ever I want .. just nothing intense Like running or being on a swim team or something like that.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Alright everyone do not get one me for this but there IS a way that you can shead some extra weight.
    I call it the fruit and veggie cleanse.
    AS MUCH AS YOU WANT of Fresh fruit and Fresh veggies. and NO RED MEAT! Nothing with white bread or white sugars in it. The key word here is FRESH!!!!!!
    Lots and Lots of water and increase your walking each day by at the VERY least 1/2 and hour.
    Other then that, I would not worry about it as much as you are.
    You are a wonderful person and I BET that they will love you just as much as HE does if not more so!. :wink: Parents are pretty good about that.
    --Diann...
  • georgiaj
    georgiaj Posts: 59
    Options
    when I used to do yoga it helped tone pretty well.