Help!!!

Options
Today marks my 115 day on MPF. Now I need your help! Over Christmas I maintained I was OK with that with all the Holiday festivities. First week in to the new year 5lb lose good now I am getting back into it. 2nd week into the new year no lose. I was down right mad and ate a little to much on Last Friday. 3rd week in the scale showed I have gained 2lb back. I have now clue what to do next.Please help! My food diary is open for you to look at. I am having a hard time with the scale. Never took measurements so have nothing to compare it to from there.

Replies

• hannahncakes
    Options
    hey I have added you as a friend hopefully can help in some way. I'll have a look at your food diary :)
  • pinstripepirate
    pinstripepirate Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    When you exercise, do you do the same routine each time? Maybe you should try mixing it up and do something completely different.
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Your food diary looks great! Although your sodium is low, I am wondering if you are interested in lowering it even more. By keeping mine under 1,000 for the entire day, I am finding that I lose weight faster, and I have increased thirst. The pancake mix can be made from scratch in order to avoid additional sodium. When the recipe calls for salt in a food where it is unnecessary, I don't bother with it. Also, you can prepare the taco dressing with tomato paste, peppers, onions, herbs, or use a pico de gallo (chopped tomatos, and other vegetables), that has less sodium.
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I noticed that there is a lot of debate about eating the calories you have lost by exercise. Our daily goal is set for us so we would lose weight with no exercise. Just by going about our daily routine, we are using more calories than consumed. However, when you add exercise to the mix, we are now using more calories, and we need to keep our metabolism going by keeping at a minimum calorie intake as calculated by MFP. Otherwise, our bodies get confused, and go into starvation mode because we didn't supply enough calories that day.

Most of the days I looked at for you, you were way under your calorie goal. I believe your body is storing fat because it didn't get the proper amount of calories. Try to make your calorie goals each day and I think you will see a difference.
    I did Weight Watchers a few years back, and I remember one girl was having a hard time losing. The counselor told her to up her points by a few. She did, and she started losing weight. I think that's the same concept!
  • pgp_protector
    Options
    I noticed that there is a lot of debate about eating the calories you have lost by exercise. Our daily goal is set for us so we would lose weight with no exercise. Just by going about our daily routine, we are using more calories than consumed. However, when you add exercise to the mix, we are now using more calories, and we need to keep our metabolism going by keeping at a minimum calorie intake as calculated by MFP. Otherwise, our bodies get confused, and go into starvation mode because we didn't supply enough calories that day.

Most of the days I looked at for you, you were way under your calorie goal. I believe your body is storing fat because it didn't get the proper amount of calories. Try to make your calorie goals each day and I think you will see a difference.
    I did Weight Watchers a few years back, and I remember one girl was having a hard time losing. The counselor told her to up her points by a few. She did, and she started losing weight. I think that's the same concept!
    I was noticing the same thing, under the goal due to not eating the exercise cals back, putting quite a few days well under the minimum recommended.
  • microshells
    Options
    Our bodies are very efficient at "survival." If you are not eating enough calories your body will become a fuel saver. You need to eat enough to keep you metabolism up. I think you may be sabotaging yourself by eating too little (as mentioned above). :flowerforyou: