150 days til Summer/150 days to a new Body

Options
I want to give ample time to prepare for the start of summer. Some of my MFP friends have shown interest in doing this together. I'm seeking ideas, plans, meals, workouts, info, and advice that can be shared on some things that have worked for others. I'm interested in not only loosing but effective toning, maintaining, and truly stabilizing this new way of life. This has been a great ride and others that are new may also benefit just as I have from all the great tips. My personal goal is loosing cellulite, for my thighs to stop rubbing together, and to finally be able to do a push up. ~ Happy Friday

Replies

• JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a a great idea

ooh I have a dvd at home that starts you on push-ups agains a wall, as you get better at the push-ups you move lower on the wall, then use a coffee table, once that's dfown something low like dumbells on the floor finially moving all the way to a floor- so baby steps to learn how to do push ups
  • caseymcq
    Options
    You WILLl get there! Keep moving forward! Look how far you've come! :)
  • caseymcq
    Options
    I try to get in 60mins of exercise a day! I have a busy life, but who doesn't right?! I do 20 minutes of circuit training first thing in the morning with the "30 Day Shred" DVD by Jillian Michaels, before my kids get up because that's about all the time I have! Then along comes my day of being super mom and wife. The next time I get to work out is after the kids are in bed and my daily grind has slowed down. I get in my remaining minutes of exercise by doing more circuit training and going for a walk/jog around my neighborhood or on the treadmill, or I put on my Just Dance or Just Dance 2 Wii Game and dance to about 6 songs!

I don't have the time or luxury to hit the gym, so I do what I can with the things I have at home! No excuses!! :)
  • tonisteedley
    Options
    150 days til summer ??? Thats not long. I better get really busy.. Let me tell ya in the begining starting with MFP I did no eat enough food during the day, I got alot of GREAT advice on here. I even started doing the calorie shifting , which has worked wonders for me. I was on a Plateau forever !!! So someone on here suggested doing calorie shifting to trick my body and man has it worked. I do the 30 day shred phase 1 for 30 min. And then I do a Bootcamp workout for another 30 min. This has worked miracle for me " In my opinion with the plateau and all " Good luck. you can so this..
  • Shaqueta
    Options
    Sounds like a a great idea

ooh I have a dvd at home that starts you on push-ups agains a wall, as you get better at the push-ups you move lower on the wall, then use a coffee table, once that's dfown something low like dumbells on the floor finially moving all the way to a floor- so baby steps to learn how to do push ups

what is the name of that DVD. I'll definately have to try that. I have carpal tunnel in both hands and its hard to support all this weight.
  • Shaqueta
    Options
    I try to get in 60mins of exercise a day! I have a busy life, but who doesn't right?! I do 20 minutes of circuit training first thing in the morning with the "30 Day Shred" DVD by Jillian Michaels, before my kids get up because that's about all the time I have! Then along comes my day of being super mom and wife. The next time I get to work out is after the kids are in bed and my daily grind has slowed down. I get in my remaining minutes of exercise by doing more circuit training and going for a walk/jog around my neighborhood or on the treadmill, or I put on my Just Dance or Just Dance 2 Wii Game and dance to about 6 songs!

I don't have the time or luxury to hit the gym, so I do what I can with the things I have at home! No excuses!! :)

I konw exactly how that goes. I wake up early already just to get some time to myself. I've just got the Micheal Jackson game on the wii last week. Me & the kids have been doing that when we have time. My weeks are full as well. I liked the 30 day shred, no more trouble zones is a great workout, hard but great. I've been using my netflix subscription to get various workout DVD's and I try to switch it up when I get bored or tired of doing it. I"ve gotten alot of the biggest loser workout DVD's and I really loved the weight loss yoga.
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Hi I finally checked - unfortunately the dvd that i have seems to be no longer available (it is quite old) but it is Nicki Waterman - Your Personal Trainer [DVD] [1999] (in PAL- EUROPEAN) format- really helpful for super basic exercises- that being said just start doing push-ups liek I described- once you can easily do 50 or so move to the next stage :-)