Ginger dressing- that I can buy?

Options
All,
I need to eat more salads. I find that I really like the taste of ginger dressing that they put on the salads in Japanese steakhouses.
Can someone suggest a really tasty ginger dressing AND please tell me where I can buy it? I found a maple grove sesame ginger dressing at Kroger and tried this last night. It was ok, but it was more of a vinegarette type. I am really looking for more of the texture of the Japanese steakhouse type.
Thanks

Replies

• Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I have never been to a Japanese steakhouse, but my favorite ginger dressing is Paul Newman's Sesame Ginger. It's so good! I have had good ginger dressings labeled "Asian" dressing as well.
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Costco sells a La Maison Ginger Soy dressing that is very tasty... high in sodium, unfortulately, but 0 fat and 15 calories per tablespoon.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Go to all recipes.com. You might be able to find a recipe for it there and tweak it to your liking. The Japanese Steak houses may have their own blend that they create.
  • paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    See if you can find a Japanese specialty store. I buy several items at one in my city. Also, some large chain groceries have "International" aisles (Meijer & Giant Eagle in the Midwest). I haven't personally looked for it there, but it's worth a shot.
  • capecodgirl1
    capecodgirl1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think this is the best! It's called TSUNAMI Ginger dressing! 2 tbls. 50 calories, 1.5 grams fat 8 carb sugars 4 and protien 1g.
    I use this almost every day and love it! Taste just like the dressing at the Jjapanese restaurants..
    Hope you find it in your local grocery store. Sometimes they have it by the fish counter, at my grocery store they have a Japanese section
    with a man making it.(VERY POPULAR) sushi! Good LUck!
  • All_Mimsy
    All_Mimsy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Makoto Ginger Dressing; it's in the produce section at Kroger, with the other refrigerated salad dressings. It's just like the salad dressing I get at Japanese restaurants.
  • Aznboy0809
    Aznboy0809 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've had Makoto before and I hate it. It also has preservatives and high sodium content. Not healthy at all. There is an ginger dressing called wu ginger dressing and it is the best. It is all natural and no preservatives. It is also made for people with gluten allergy. Might be tough finding it. Luckily they have an specialty Japanese market around my area (queens, nyc) for me to get my fix. You can try www.etsy.com/shop/wudressing. The shipping is expensive but i would say worth the try for its quality and taste :)etsy.com/shop/wudressing
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Ask the steakhouse manager how much it would be to buy a container of it.
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Amy_B wrote: »
    I have never been to a Japanese steakhouse, but my favorite ginger dressing is Paul Newman's Sesame Ginger. It's so good! I have had good ginger dressings labeled "Asian" dressing as well.

My favorite too, and only around 30 calories