Losing too fast???

Options
I started using MFP about 2 weeks ago, but actually started my healthier lifestyle on the January 1st. To date, I have lost 13 lbs, and had lost another pound when I got on the scale this morning. I know they say the faster it comes off, the faster it goes back on! Do you think that I am losing this too fast? I am on a pill to help me as well, which is comparable to Bontril, but also exercising and counting calories so the pill isn’t doing all of the work.

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Its not too fast in time it will slow there was weeks in the start for me I lost 9lbs....if you dont see it slowing after 2months just ask your Dr who prescribed the pill
  • Tbonestl
    Options
    I started on Jan 1 as well and I have lost 12 pounds. I'd say you about right on the money. Keep doing what u are doing if it is healthy and makes you feel good. That is what is important. Then you won't have to worry about any weight coming back.
  • julsdolphin
    julsdolphin Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That is a quick weight loss - you're averaging a little over 4 pounds a week. But if you have a lot of weight to lose, you tend to lose more quickly in the beginning (a lot of it is water weight). The progress may slow down soon, but don't get discouraged. Make sure you are getting all of the calories you need to avoid your body going into starvation mode and hoarding fat. Good luck!
  • lanie13
    lanie13 Posts: 55
    Options
    I don't think that's too fast. I lost 11 pounds in the first three weeks. It's going to slow to a crawl now lol
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    That is a quick weight loss - you're averaging a little over 4 pounds a week. But if you have a lot of weight to lose, you tend to lose more quickly in the beginning (a lot of it is water weight). The progress may slow down soon, but don't get discouraged. Make sure you are getting all of the calories you need to avoid your body going into starvation mode and hoarding fat. Good luck!

I agree with this comment! Best of luck :smile:
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    The more you weigh, the faster you loose in the beginning bc it's a bigger change to your system. Be happy about it bc eventually as you get closer to your goal the lbs will come off a lot slower.
  • edc205
    edc205 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! Don't worry too much about the numbers, in the beginning you lose a lot of water weight, which could explain the rapid loss. You should focus more on are you eating the right things, and more importantly, ARE YOU HUNGRY? If you feel like you're starving all the time, you might want to think about upping your calorie / protein a bit... Otherwise, continue in what you're doing, and enjoy your success! You deserve it.
  • dmisom79
    dmisom79 Posts: 112
    Options
    what's MFP and how do I get it?
  • freakyksgirl
    Options
    what is mfp?
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    what is mfp?

My Fitness Pal (MFP)
  • dmisom79
    dmisom79 Posts: 112
    Options
    too bad i can't delete that comment. that was silly of me!
  • helenamonks
    Options
    The more you have to lose, the faster you will lose it, It will come off a lot slower after the first couple of months, enjoy it while you can and whatever you do, don't let it discourage you. After the first couple of months it should be about 1-2 lbs per week!