Had to read this again...for myself! :embarassed:
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Bump for a friend
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I love this post! I get so tired of hearing "You're not being supportive, and that's what this site is for." Um, no, it's not. If "being supportive" means enabling your bad decisions and patting you on the back when you whine about your lack of progress, well, I don't think so. So many people post about how they can't lose weight, and you look at their diary (if they even bother to make it public), and it's full of crap food, under eating, etc.

You call them out on it and they get all poopy-pants 'cause you're being mean to them. Grow up. If you have an honest problem you've tried your darnedest to overcome and ask for advice, well, fine. But if you're not really trying and come to me looking for a "don't beat yourself up over it", well, you've come to the wrong place.

Ladyhawk and backinthenines tell it like it is! And that's why I love you guys! Keep it up!
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
    Bump for my Topics
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
    Pulling this one out again cause I keep seeing "I can't".
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Bump! FANTASTIC post - I agree with it 100%, and it's a good reminder to keep around. :smile:
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Ladyhawk's posts should just bump automatically :smile:
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
    Ladyhawk's posts should just bump automatically :smile:

:laugh: I think so too...but maybe I'm a bit biased. :bigsmile:
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Well said! BUMPITY BUMP BUMP!
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    Fabulous post!!!! Replying to this so all my friends will see it in my news feed and hopefully READ IT!
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    1278437ovemhzwdn6.png
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!! :smooched:
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Bump for a great thread.

What get's me is when people say they don't have time to exercise, yet they find time to be on the internet, surfing, reading messages, playing games.
    But they are busy and have no time to exercise.:grumble: :noway:
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    One day I will understand what bump means....

Great post!!!! :-)
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
    One day I will understand what bump means....

Great post!!!! :-)

Haha... bump is used for two things: if you like a topic and think others should read it, but don't have anything particular to add, you can put "bump" so that it gets moved up in recent topics. Also, people use it to keep the topic current in My Topics, if they want to see replies, etc.

Thanks! :wink:
  • write2sonya
    write2sonya Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    WOW love this post!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Great post and so true. It is time to stop making excuses for taking time off for exercise or just being lazy. Yes, there are free days built into our workout schedules but I will stop taking the easy way out. You can always do something to exercise even if it is just taking a short walk around the block.

Thanks for the reminder and for explaining what "bump" means. I was wondering the same thing myself.

Just remember when people use the words "I can't" it really means "I Will Try."
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    "What fits better into your lifestyle, working out an hour a day, or being dead 24 hours a day?"

I LOVE this quote! Thanks for your wisdome, Ladyhawk!