Going out to lunch...

merlainealyssa
merlainealyssa Posts: 13
edited September 23 in Food and Nutrition
I have learned over the years that the best way for me to have a good conversation and just plain enjoy myself with my friends is over food. So most of the places that I go with them is to restaurants. Obviously this is a conundrum now since I'm trying to lose weight, but I have some pretty understanding friends who know the places I can and can't go (ex. I can't go to Chili's. That place ruins me). But today i am going out with my best friend who, not that she isn't understanding of my situation, but she isn't understanding off how dieting and food works. She has decided for us to go eat at an Oriental Buffet. Some of you are probably going to read this and say, "Oh my goodness, a buffet?!" But that's not what I'm worried about. i feel that I have enough self-control to walk into that place and not eat everything my pretty brown eyes settle on. It's the oriental part. Asian cuisine has A LOT of sodium (among other things) in it and I have always been a General Tso's chicken and veggie fried rice kinda girl. Does anyone know any asian foods that won't keep on the treadmill till midnight tonight?

Replies

• superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    The sodium is unavoidable, but you can stick with foods that are 'better' choices: Soups (like wonton with only one wonton or hot and sour) will fill you up and take time to eat. There are plenty of dishes that feature meat and veg...skip the rice. Focus on calories and just get your water on for the rest of the day to 'try' to counter the sodium.

Charmagne
  • scrappymel
    scrappymel Posts: 107 Member
    egg drop soup, plain steamed rice, grilled chicken. maybe they'll have a salad bar?
  • Thank you guys!
This discussion has been closed.