Belly & Back Fat

Shak212
Shak212 Posts: 22
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
Hey guys and girls:

Prior to joining myfitnesspal I was able to lose 25-30 pounds. Yayyyyy. Although I have slimmed down in some parts of my body I cant for the life of me figure out how to lose my belly & back fat. I've been doing cardio, ab exercises and light strength training and these trouble areas never seem to budge. Any advice

Replies

• amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Watch WHAT you eat, not just how much. Monounsaturated fats and lots of plant foods are good for belly fat. So is controlling stress - cortisol the stress hormone is a big factor in belly fat.

This is my trouble area too so these are a summary of what I have found out!
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Abs are made in the kitchen =). The people with really good abs all say that. U cant spot workout. If you lose fat you lose it everywhere. Im on the fence about using a product called tonalin. Some people say it helps with the love handles but im a seeing is believing kinda guy.
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    I have the same problem UGH!! But Ive heard that u cant spot reduce :-(.. Just keep on doing what ur doing and Im sure ull see results soon enough :-)
  • LMac423
    LMac423 Posts: 82
    Unfortunately you can't spot reduce so maybe change the type of exercise you are doing or up the intensity. If you are doing 30 minutes of cardio however many days per week at the same pace, try to mix in maybe one longer cardio workout of 45 minutes and one day maybe try a shorter but higher intensity cardio workout, just to change it up! Also, start lifting more...don't be afraid to lift some heavier weights! I'm not talking crazy heavy, but maybe add a little weight! Keep it up, that's awesome you've lost all that weight!!!! =)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    The Insanity workout has helped me reduce both areas a lot. You have to lower your over all body fat to see the improvements. And your diet is very important.
  • JenHollandsworth
    JenHollandsworth Posts: 25 Member
    Pilates and yoga was worked for me... it seems to especially work after I have already started losing weight. Good luck! :)
  • JenHollandsworth
    JenHollandsworth Posts: 25 Member
    *have worked for me. Haha!
  • thomasvision
    thomasvision Posts: 129 Member
    Have you tried Insanity or P90X for 90 days? Do that and that back and belly fat will run away!
  • Shak212
    Shak212 Posts: 22
    Thanks guys for all the advice. Its really helpful.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Alrighty then.
This discussion has been closed.