Umm, Hello, this is will be where I put my non facebook item

Options
Hi, I feel like I am standing up in an AA meeting like on TV. Anyways, I'm new to this site and it's app, but i must say my first week of using it has been an awesome experience. I use to pay to use CalorieKing.com, but this is better and free, so that helps. Anyways, i have long term goals of loosing around 150+ lbs, so I plan to be here a while and well, just thought I'd say hi. I imagine my party days are going to continue to slow down as I refrain from alcohol and the casual chips and dips effect from bar and club hopping. My marathon running girlfriend helps out a lot with that and keeping me 'settled' down, so that's a relief. Again, I jsut wanted to say hello and kind of go from there. Have a great day everyone!

Replies

• IndyRick
    IndyRick Posts: 172
    Options
    Welcome to the site! Always nice to have another guy on here! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. :)
  • PearlMarie_3gen_11484
    Options
    Hello and welcome! You will find a lot of motivation from people on here. I love this site. Best of luck on your weightloss journey
  • Fgillies
    Fgillies Posts: 194
    Options
    Hi welcome! I have only been here almost 2 weeks, but i love it already! So supportive, and the best part is, you start to change your mind and thinking of food, just by being aware of what you are eating!!! :)
  • jenkramer
    jenkramer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You're gonna love this place (as a former CalorieKing gal myself). And I'm excited to see more men! Congrats on making the commitment to yourself.
  • erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Welcome :smile:
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    I used to use Calorie King to.. I find this site is way easier and very friendly. :flowerforyou:
  • BK120
    BK120 Posts: 107
    Options
    Welcome and I'm glad you are already seeing the benefit of this site. It is amazing and has been a big help to me and the way I eat. My husband is supportive and is even liking my health dinners we are eating.
  • zbstngrl
    zbstngrl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am too began using MFP as an app on my phone .. really loved how convenient it was and free. Eventually I began using the site to check my food log for sodium, fats, sugar etc because you can't see those on the app. And the more I use this site the more I find it helpful and inspiring ! Feel free to add me as a friend I am here for awhile too :)