I'm failing!!!

Options
I started off on this site in November and was doing ok, nice steady 1 pound a week loss, not as much as I wanted but I took it!!! Then came all the lunches out and Christmas and I gained back everything plus 1..... Now it's Jan 21 and I'm having such a struggle getting it off, keeping on track and finding success!!!!! A huge part of me just wants to give up, I have only been trying about 75% and not motivated to exercise so really shouldn't be expecting to see a loss, but I am,,,

I had a goal to lost at lease 15 by my BD in April and it's not looking promising!!! I know what I have to do in my head... but can't seem to get there!!

Replies

• xXAlana21Xx
    xXAlana21Xx Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    you only fail when you stop trying untill then it is a work in progress
  • mlharris
    Options
    good point.. thanks
  • mckennamom
    mckennamom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just keep going. I had the same problem. With the holiday I gained back a few pounds and then couldn't get motivated to eat right again and work out. It just felt so good to eat anything I wanted again. Find some support at home. I had to tell my husband how frustrated I was and that I needed for him to keep me accountable. That little bit helped out, and once I remembered how good it felt to work out and see results at the end of the week I was able to keep moving forward.
  • vickyplum
    vickyplum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Please dont give up!!! things will settle down and if you put in the work then it will pay off it does take a while for your body to rethink what it is doing!! But please be brave and keep going!!!! Its was christmas after all dont give yourself such a hard time!!!

Try and get back on track and you will get there!!

Best of luck with your journey!!
    xx
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    You aren't failing you are struggling...stuggles we can overcome. Do your best for a few more days then rededicate your efforts. You can so hit the 15 lbs mark by April!!!!
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    you only fail when you stop trying untill then it is a work in progress

I love it!
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya girl. I have been working my butt off and counting every calorie and i am not losing weight...
  • johnhelmutplatz
    Options
    Hi...saw your post. I am only trying to lose 15lb but also frustrated. I eat way way below the 1200 cal they gave me and still have only lost 3 stinking pounds in about 3 weeks. And I only lose a bit, IF I exercise like a tornado. I have to walk about an hour at a v v brisk pace, and curl 2 hours!!! It is discouraging BUT I am determined. See your goal. Get some friends you like and trust on the same site.....we have all of our family on, supporting each other.. We will all be thinner by next xmas...am sure of it. Wishing you the best of luck...No, the best of your mind...cuz that's what makes it work or not.
  • simplywriting
    Options
    I was going to come back here and leave you a message here, but instead sent you a friend request and wrote everything I wanted to say in that. LOL
    It would be redundant to post it here now. You can do this!
  • tdixon00
    Options
    The holidays are the hardest and it really does suck because there is so much good food around all of the time! Don't be too hard on yourself, I bet there aren't too many people who didn't mess up at least a little over the last month. You had a setback, you haven't failed. It's a new year, you can do it!
  • sacfrazier
    Options
    When I am not feeling motivated, I go to success stories and read about some of the amazing transformations! Everyone here is such an inspiration for me. I am determined to lose my weight this time. The people that have already accomplished that goal are my motivation to continue on my journey. I am hoping to be motivation for someone else someday. Hang in there. You can do it.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hey,April is still so far away.Am sure that as soon as you get back exercising,you will reach your goal.:smile:
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    just because you arent losing weight doesnt mean you arent losing fat. look at this, it makes me feel much better about plateauing.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_individual.asp?blog_id=3926473&SPShared=TRUE

and the holidays are hard, its hard to not eat and party and have fun with friends and family, in fact thats pretty much what you're supposed to do. you havent failed you just slipped a little.
  • mpatternmaker
    mpatternmaker Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing, lost 20lbs last year and gained back atleast 10 over the holidays. I felt like such a failure but the fact that we are trying again is a good thing. The first few weeks back are the hardest and once you get into a groove and it'll get better. Stick with it, remind yourself why you are doing it and how you felt just a couple months ago after you lost the weight. That's what I'm trying to do. Good luck, if you need more support feel free to friend me.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    My favorite quote is "Trying is the lowest form of commitment"

Admitting you are failing and only giving it 75% is the first step in moving past that. Have you been to the dr and had your blood work done, maybe your thyroid is not working properly or you suffer from adrenal fatigue - these are both factors that can influence how you feel about getting up and going, you could have a force against you that you haven't realized. Think outside the box. Another common failure to diets is a candida overgrowth, that can make your body crave sweets or salty. Maybe starting fresh with a clean diet cleanse may put you back on track.
  • LFern
    LFern Posts: 141
    Options
    There is no failing when you are reaching out for the support you need! You're HERE and THAT means you are still aware and Wanting to reach your goal!!

The very first friend I had on mfp told me:

:flowerforyou: "the time to REstart is the MOMENT you take that last bite of something unwise" :flowerforyou:

I wrote these words down and have them where I can look at them EVERY day!! We ALL falter some, nobody is perfect! But we ALL have the ability to REfocus and begin AGAIN and AGAIN and -well you get the picture. Until it finally sticks and we get to where we want to be!!
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    In order to have some sucess you mind set has to be in it. You have to force yourself to excercise and watch what you eat. I myself have tried in the past to lose the weight and I succeeded once but then got pregnant. Every time that I have tried since then my mindset was not on it. Since January 4, I make myself go and workout. I know that if I start with the excuses (I'm tired, I have to do laundry, etc), I will eventually stop working out. If you're not a gym person, try walking around the neighborhood. My sister has lost close to 40 lbs walking and drinking a LOT of water.

First prepare you mind. 2nd do not make excuses. Stick to your plan.

We all have days when what we eat is not ideal but recognize it and do better the next day.

I'm here for you, if you need motivation!