SLEEP EATING. Anyone else suffer?

Options
Hey everyone! My name is Amythest, I'm nineteen-years-old. This is my first forum post, I'm pretty new to the whole healthy eating/calorie counting thing. So, my problem.

I have always been a sleepwalker, ever since I was a kid. Mostly it's only if I'm stressed out or worried about something during the day, but more recently I've been sleep eating! It's terrible. I woke up this morning and discovered I'd eaten about half a little bag of mini Rolos! I live with my future sister-in-law and her family, and they usually have chips or sweets or desserts in the house. That's where the Rolos came from. And I don't know what to do!

It's beyond frustrating when you're so careful about you intake during the day but at night your subconscious is screwing it up! Does anyone else sleepwalk? Anyone sleep eat? Any ideas? I can't lock myself in my room. I've tried having a healthy snack before bed (a bit of yogurt for example) and drinking some warm water to feel full, but it's happened twice this week.

Replies

• Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    i thought that i was the only one that did this.. amazing. yes i have had the same problem. I have woke up in the middle of the night in my lazy boy with little debbie wrappers around me. Two things that you can try that will help one is get a bite plate or mouth guard to sleep in. It'll at least give you an extra step before putting something in your mouth maybe you'll wake up... What worked for me and it sounds insane is putting a cow bell on my door knob that has woke me up twice from going into the kitchen to eat. other than that and i still do have the occasional slip up is dont have the stuff in the house. hard on my end because i have kids and probably you too because you live with someone.. keep trying.. stick it out.