Diet Pills

Options
2»

Replies

• kidtechnical
    Options
    Good for you! As a midwife, I would say that if you think you could get pregnant (and really, that is any woman of childbearing age, regardless of contraception) then you don't need to worry about the effect of a healthy balanced diet on you or baby. On the other hand you would worry about the affect of diet pills because the damage they cause in pregnancy is unknown, this is because it would be unethical to research their effects on pregnant women (and chances are your baby would be exposed to the diet pills for approx 6 weeks minimum before you would have the first inclination that you are pregnant).
  • dmisom79
    dmisom79 Posts: 112
    Options
    Okay everyone, so it's been 9 days since I took my last diet pill and I have to say i feel great. Still have energy and all that so i'm attributing that to my continuous workouts. I think it's helping. So, just wanted to give you an update but I will continue to need encouragement with this. Thanks so much!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Based on your posts, I think I know what you were taking. I believe, that if you have made it nine days without, that you have them beat. Trust me....
    Never underestimate the strength of your own will.
  • kidtechnical
    Options
    Well done, you're doing great.
  • stephaniesummers
    Options
    Joe alone with babies?!? I may have the heart attack for you! :) Hee hee! Seriously tho, this is the first time I have tried to diet without pills...it's discouraging since "normally" i would have dropped 20 lbs by now, with half the exercise I am currently doing! But you are right, it never lasts! I have lost my "baby weight" twice in 3 years....no such thing as baby weight twice for one kiddo! lol I keep telling myself this is going to take longer=it will last longer! btw, just curious, what were you taking?
  • dmisom79
    dmisom79 Posts: 112
    Options
    @Steph - I know, we don't want to leave my poor hubby alone with the babies. That would be catastrophic! He, he...i'm with ya Steph. I normally see much quicker results but the "good" effects of the pills goes away in about 3-4 weeks and they stop working so it's discouraging and then I go on to the next big thing. This past time I was taking Stacker 2's. Right before that VPX Incinerator Meltdown. I've done them all. Even the ones with ephedra when they were legal. But we can do it girl! WITHOUT THE PILLS!!!