Non-Scale Victory!!

Options
Kalee34
Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
So, I noticed that alot of people getting started in their weightloss journey think it through before they start, they take pictures, measure, etc. Well I didn't I just decided to do it one day and here I am, losing weight! I Love reading everyone's success stories and seeing pictures and stuff, so 2 weeks ago I decided to measure myself, you know just to see. Today has been exactly 2 weeks since I measured so I decided to measure again. And guess what? In just 2 weeks I have lost a total of 4 1/2 inches from head to toe. I lost a whole inch off of my hips and 3/4 an inch off of my waiste! I am so excited! I wish I had started this measuring thing alot sooner!

Replies

• thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Way to go!!!
  • Thorneapple
    Options
    I think measurements often show a bigger part of the picture than the scale. Congrats to you on your NSV! Good job!!!
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    I think I'm going to do that, too. It seems like it might be extra motivation than just seeing what the scales says. Good for you! :)
  • sabrads
    sabrads Posts: 152
    Options
    Excellent post - measuring is so important to help when the scales dont change !

In the past I have followed the numbers - watch the scales - now I am just enjoying the life changes and letting the numbers follow me - if I eat well and exercise and hit the cals correctly then the weight will come off and the measurements will improve !
  • Eilonwy74
    Options
    That's awesome! Inspires me to do the same thing!
  • slindsey137
    slindsey137 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Measurements are really important, especially when you start to put on muscle mass, that will really mess with the scale!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!