recumbent exercise bike??

Karenstryin
Karenstryin Posts: 2
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi everyone!
Had a question if anyone had any input
After 2 weeks of keeping in my calorie goal, i now have to add the "dreaded" exercise! lol ok not a positive outlook
but this is where i have probs! Last Christmas I bought a nice recumbent exercise bike, i have probs w/ my lower b ack, so thought this would be better at first, I am not sure though, i do not want to waste time on it if its not really helping, if it would be better for me to grin and bear it and walk, should i do that? or maybe both? again , the back probs dont help, but i am willing to
try. Any one heard good or bad about the bike? i have googled but nothing really swayed me
Thank you! :)

Replies

• kymberlin
    kymberlin Posts: 113 Member
    I have had lower back pain for years. I bought a recumbent bike a few years ago. I love it. I can sit straight up and hunched over on the regular exercise bike. Also the wider seat and back support are wonderful. I also have a treadmill. I have a slightly uneven gait so the treadmill is a little harder. I live in Vermont so outside exercise is a little difficult right now. I take zumba classes a few times a week and use the bike at least once. I still love it.
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    I love my recumbent bike! I have a treadmill too, but I hate it. I love to walk outside but the weather has not cooperated lately. I burn lots of calories on my bike. Get a good book and give yourself a half hour or so :)
  • Why not try doing a combination of walking and using your bike? You could always start your day with a walk and then do the bike in the evening! After doing that for a while, you should be able to tell if doing both works well, or if you prefer one to the other! good luck! exercise really isn't that bad once you get into it!
This discussion has been closed.